Rallye Wheel Center Cap Spacers/Screws

-

Lazu10

Reaction score
Hi all,

new to the forums and glad to be on here. Just picked up a 73 Scamp and am redoing the wheels and tires. Ran into something when ordering parts and had a few questions.

I got this set of spacers/screws for the center cap because previous owner only had 2 screws holding the center caps on...

Year One Wheels CCRP: Center Cap Spacer/Screw Kit For Mopar Rallye Wheels with 1972-74 Acorn Caps | JEGS

When I tried to put them on I noticed that

1. The screws are too long, compared to the 2 that were on there making them useless.

2. Can't for the life of me figure out where the spacers go, or if they're even necessary.
If I put them over the holes that hold the center cap in, the center cap sticks way out from the
wheel which can't be right, but nowhere else on the wheel really makes sense.

If anyone would be so kind to share some pictures of how their Rallye wheel/center caps go together it would be much appreciated. If all else fails I'll go to the hardware store and get a few more of the same sized screws that were on there, forego the spacers and send the kit back. Just want to make sure first.

Thanks for any help and have a great weekend!

Cheers,
Aleks Lazutin

So after giving it another look, I believe I figured out how it's supposed to go together. Seems like something that falls under the painfully obvious category, but have a lot of other things on my mind as of late :realcrazy:. If anyone wants to confirm, would be great. Should have pictures up of the new wheels/tires by next week barring any more problems.

Cheers

CAM00208.jpg

I have never seen the spacers before.....what is pictured is definitely wrong. No spacers on my original ones....just the screws, might be about 1" long if I remember correctly...

caps.jpg

Looks like the spacer kit is for the aftermarket aluminum Rallye style wheels........

caps1.png

that wheel is never going to bolt on that way. you ordered the wrong stuff and probably took it dry in shipping from year one . summit racing sells the correct screws for those caps. you can also cut down the new screws to the correct length, but either way the screw head has to be against the wheel without any kind of spacer

Well shoot, the kit is definitely for aftermarket rallyes, it was recommended when I bought the wheels. Didnt see any other screw set available on Jegs/Year One. Its odd because the kit from Summit also has spacers so they must serve some purpose...

So after some digging, found what I'm looking for. Screws are 5/16 x 3/4".

I went with these(prefer the chrome, better price, etc.):
Mopar Rallye Rally Wheel Center Cap Correct Screw 20 pc Set Cuda Charger Dart

but these will work as well:
Dorman Products - 13836

Luckily Jegs return policy is good and I didn't get hosed on shipping so no big loss just time and frustration. Definitely had worse experiences.Thanks for the help and hopefully my mistake will benefit someone in the future. See you around the forums !

-
Back