Rallye Wheels

-
Anyone ran 245/60/14 on 7" Rallye w/4.25" BS or on 8" Rallye w/4.625" BS on rear of a 67 Barracuda? Wondering about tire clearance. I see str12-340 is running the 245's on the Dart and eekvonzipper is running them on 7" rallyes on rear of his car. Not sure how the wheel well/suspension setup on the 67 Barracuda compares to these other two cars?

Thanks

I have a lot less room in the Dart than you do. I had to install the "3/4 inch spring relocation kit" to fit 245s on a 7 inch wheel, but you can probably use less backspacing because of the 'wheel well bulge' in your quarters. That however means finding trim rings that reach the center section of the wheel and match the front ones.

Thanks All. I was concerned about the 245 being too wide for the 7". TMM, those 245's look good on those Rallyes. I saw a couple of threads on FABO with members mentioning needing to reduce the air pressure on some tire wheel combos in order to get the full tread width to contact the ground. Are you able to run manufacturer recommended air pressure in those 245's on the 7" and get the full tread footprint on the ground?

I may hop on the Wanted parts forum and see if anyone has an extra Rallye in 14x8 (4.625" BS) lying around they'd part with and do a mock up tire mounted fitting on the tire to spring clearance, just for kicks.

You guys rock.

-
Back