ram 1500?

-

m-wellbaum

Reaction score
dad was lookin at a 02 1500 ram the other day im thinkin i have alot better of a chance at getin one of them for a x-mas/b-day/grad gift than a duster just out of curiosity how are they on gas around town with 4x4 i was thinkin regcab short bed 4.7 or 5.7 or should i just keep pushin for a duster with a slant

They suck. I sold Dodges from '04-'08 and I currently have an '02 1500 Reg cab 4.7 auto 2wd. Since the addition of ethanol, my mileage has dropped to 15-16 in town and I drive it pretty easy. A 4X4 will get 10-12 probably.

GREAT trucks. I love mine, and I enjoyed working at a Dodge store. But you're probably better off trying to feed a /6

I park my '05 most of the time and drive my '99 neon to save gas, cost me around $115.00 to fill my tank(26 gal.) and that will go around 300 miles before I have to do it all over again, that's just around town with a reprogramer, cold air intake. LOVE my truck but gas is killing me. If you're looking a '02's it would have a 4.7 or a 5.9 (360).

Check out a 98 to 04 Dakota R/T. Smaller, lighter, lower, cheaper, better fuel mileage, faster.

My dad has an 04 and the mileage sucks. he's getting a little better then my 84 ramcharger. Mostly because he has AWD and a 5.7 Hemi

dont forget man if u find a duster some were between nc and macon i can always bring it to u. i drive to macon alot and usualy have a open trailer on teh way down.

If you want any kind of gas mileage don't buy a truck. Even the Dakotas don't get that good of mileage and they're quite a bit smaller than the Rams.

I have a 01 ram, quad cab 360 2wd. the gets about 20 on the interstate and close to 16 around town

2001.JPG

My 98 Dakota Club cab 3.9L 4X4 got 13mpg around town

My 04 Hemi Quad cab 2500 ram get 10mpg around town, Other then the crappy gas millage I love my Ram.

ok trucks a bad idea lol a 318 duster showed up in craigslist couple days ago 3995 its got an auto i doubt that that would get too good on gas like 14 or so?

moparkid340 thanks alot man i may take you up on that one day

An old 318 Duster would get better mileage than a new truck. My '70 318 Duster gets around 15 MPG average BUT I have a very heavy foot and it is out of tune pretty badly. With a good tune and a light foot 20 MPG isn't out of the question.

my foots pretty dang heavy too scares my buds from time to time:twisted: it surprises them how much you can get away with in a suburban or jeep

-
Back