Ram Trucks

-

oldkid

Reaction score
I traded my clunky '14 for a clunky '17 Ram. Does anyone know where or a link to Mirror covers or " cap" to change it from clunky black to a white? Not chrome now, Thank you FABO

Old '14
DSC03725.JPG

New '17
2017.JPG

Take the mirrors in to a body shop, they should be able to color match them to your truck

I could remove them, quite the process and am proficient at painting. I just was taking an easy out by using caps like the ones available for most GM trucks .. Non of which are available for Mopar. . .or from the dealer Weird. .. Thanks for the reply 75slant6
ColorMatched2_zps2e34e8f5.jpg

Mopar sells them in chrome plastic (best fit). Buy those and have a body shop prep and paint them.

They will actually need to do a real prep job because so the chrome plastic, they can't just do a scuff and shoot orbit won't hold up.

Accessories

Thanks, I will hunt a little longer before I go that route. Which will prolly be what I do in the end..Thanks again

Nope,
Mopar hasn't offered painted mirrors on trucks for years.
And then I think it was Dakota, Durango, I could be wrong.
You could buy the chrome covers, but if I'm seeing right you have the puddle lamp on the bottom of the mirror. If that's the case, the covers wont work. The lamp wont allow them to snap on.

Covers only fit the top of the mirror like the one I posted early on. Mopar does offer painted mirrors.(caps) On most sport models. Just can't find them to get a set. Yes they can be painted. Just can't locate a set..at least my dealer hasn't a clue arg-ah
upload_2017-6-11_14-39-56.jpeg
upload_2017-6-11_14-40-15.jpeg
upload_2017-6-11_14-40-29.jpeg
upload_2017-6-11_14-40-48.jpeg
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_cQGoCrxhpTa0h7aVaRhOCS9JxEjiPvwpP641-G1Dt_B8qnXRAw.jpg
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCGcCu6sv2n6rdG5Xh9ImPC83d-jGn48RzZb5vK5Ml3zvdqDtT.jpg
IMG_3146.jpg

I stand corrected!
Those must be newer. I've been away from the parts counter to long.

-
Back