Ran over cell phone with mower and the cell phone was barely scratched.

-

harrisonm

Reaction score
My friend Mark was mowing his yard with his big riding mower yesterday, his cell phone fell out of his pocket, he did not notice, and he ran over it with his mower. Miraculously, the phone is not injured. All that happened was the blade caught the corner of the cover and destroyed it. That is almost unbelievable.

My dandelions duck when they hear the mower start up. To whack 'em off, I have to put the skirt down all the way as far as it goes, and that gives my wife a heck of a workout.
The next day, the duckers are up like excited teenage boys.
She says she's getting too old for that now, so Ima gonna have to take over.
no puns intended ; true story.

10 years ago I ran over mine with the 6 foot finish mower, made a debris area 8 foot in diameter, just little pieces. Parts were hot from battery disintegrating. Lost all data and photos

10 years ago I ran over mine with the 6 foot finish mower, made a debris area 8 foot in diameter, just little pieces. Parts were hot from battery disintegrating. Lost all data and photos
That is what Mark expected to see. He was shocked to find a perfectly working iPhone with the cover literally peeled off of it, and the cover was shredded.

My IPhones usually last me 7-10 years then I trade them in looking like brand new. But I do invest in an Outer Box because it gets dropped quite a bit. Never ever had to get a battery for one yet.

My friend Mark was mowing his yard with his big riding mower yesterday, his cell phone fell out of his pocket, he did not notice, and he ran over it with his mower. Miraculously, the phone is not injured. All that happened was the blade caught the corner of the cover and destroyed it. That is almost unbelievable.
Mark is a lucky guy! My phone got run over by a fire truck last month. It was not so lucky.

Yes I always fit an otter box cover on my iPhone as it is constantly falling out of the leg pocket of my work trousers
My IPhones usually last me 7-10 years then I trade them in looking like brand new. But I do invest in an Outer Box because it gets dropped quite a bit. Never ever had to get a battery for one yet.
Back in the days of analogue phones I had a Motorola brick phone that was run over by a Toyota troop carrier did not even put a mark on it as it was in a leather belt holster

I broke 5 yes 5 otters, had to send pics of them, once they saw how bad they were they’d send one out free of charge (lifetime warranty) Drop one on cement from 5 feet up, you’ll get the pic.

My friend Andy had his cell phone get into a fight with a nail gun ....the nail gun won.

Andy iPhone.jpg

That'll learn it for not working properly.

iPhone 11…. Been swimming three times now and still works.

Ouch. OK, I have to ask, how did that happen?
I'm with the fire department, and one day at work we were finishing up some training. Prior to the training, I left my phone, wallet, etc. in the fire engine for "safe keeping." We were done with the drill and the engine crew was leaving on a call, so I grabbed my personal stuff because I was on another truck. My phone fell on the ground and they drove away. It still powered on, but you should've heard the noises it was making!

I still have a flip-phone in my drawer from many many years ago. It originally was my ex-wives new husband, then she used it for awhile, then my son, then I used it for five years till I bought my first IPhone. When I was signing school loans for my son I had it laying on the desk. The kid doing the paperwork laughed so I picked it up and bounced it off the wall and asked him if he could do that. He wouldn’t try.

I had a Razor flip phone for the longest time…. and a drawer full of old ones to borrow parts from.

Fllp phones were tough, I used one until it became totally obsolete, when cell phones went to digital.
The old flip phone would work anywhere, my IPhone 13 will not work at my farm.

-
Back