Random pictures thread

-
:thumbsup:

FB_IMG_1714093929855.jpg

1714143641536.png

The “impossible” photographs. Same house, same car and same guy just 55 years apart. First photo taken in June 1968, the car was two days old. The second photo was taken in August 2023. The car is so special in many ways: one owner, first car, truly mine from day one as it was never financed.

I don't think that's the same house.

New windows
New porch
I suppose the tree at right is young enough to have grown in 50 years.
...but that old brick building/addition to the left that wasn't there before...
I guess it could have been built 54 years ago in order to look as old as it does.

Last edited:
View attachment 1716241918

The “impossible” photographs. Same house, same car and same guy just 55 years apart. First photo taken in June 1968, the car was two days old. The second photo was taken in August 2023. The car is so special in many ways: one owner, first car, truly mine from day one as it was never financed.
This is a GREAT story!

Thank you!

I have a picture of my 70 Super Bee, and two friend's cars- 69 Satellite convertible and 73 Rallye Challenger in 1988 in a gas station parking lot.

I don't have that car any more but they do. The gas station is still there.

I tried to get them together along with my BIL when he had his 66 Satellite, to do a 30 and 35 year anniversary pic, but couldn't swing it.

I will try harder in 2028 for the 40th.

Is this combination real? I have to drive down to Rochester soon, and I'd love to swing through IGH to see this in person!

If so, that's some dedication!
The house is supposedly located in New Ulm, Minnesota. My buddy sent me the photo of the house and then I photoshopped my car into it since the colors were so perfect! I'd love to drive by it sometime for a real photo if I could find the actual address!

The house is supposedly located in New Ulm, Minnesota. My buddy sent me the photo of the house and then I photoshopped my car into it since the colors were so perfect! I'd love to drive by it sometime for a real photo if I could find the actual address!
Gotcha! Zimmerman to Rochester...via New Ulm? Nope! That don't work!

Thanks.

(Hmmmm! On the other hand, I do have an old friend who owns a machine shop down in Fairmont who I haven't seen in about 10 years....and I have a 460 I want to build-up....and New Ulm isn't that big....)

You should be concerned about the education system today when school supplies are labeled "3th" grade. At least it didn't say "4rd"

IMG_20160821_152151_690.jpg

-
Back