Random pictures thread

-
:D

20220225_141031.jpg

That was an amazing movie for the action, the script........not so much. Watching it today I cringe seeing some of the cars that were destroyed in the filming though. The first DVD I ordered years ago, paid a pretty good buck for it, but always enjoy watching it.
The way I understand it the original movie had ties to a fellow that owned a salvage yard. Most of the cars had a lot of pre film damage and you only see the good body parts in the film.

The way I understand it the original movie had ties to a fellow that owned a salvage yard. Most of the cars had a lot of pre film damage and you only see the good body parts in the film.
That is true, H.B. Halicki who owned a large salvage operation, wrote, produced, directed, and starred in the film, providing most if not all of the cars from his own business. He also did all of his own stunt driving in the movie, and suffered a serious back injury. Some of the crashes were not in the script, but were kept in the final version of the film. He died several years later, while filming another movie when a stunt went wrong. That yellow 73 Mustang was built from the ground up, by him, and was the only one used for all of the stunt work. There were a couple of identical ones that appeared in the "glamor" shots. Amazingly, the stunt car survives today, and still runs.

the Fonz drove a variety of models including Harley Panhead, Harley Knucklehead, Harley Sportster, Triumph 500 CC Twin, Trophy 650 CC and a BSA.

-
Back