Random pictures thread

-
IMG_5179.jpeg

Now to find out WHY it bent the pushrod. Stuck for just quick-a-minute valve?
Yea, that is a mystery. I replaced the single pushrod and it runs like it did years ago again.

The only thing I can think is that the smog pump came apart so I deleted the smog pump, then the cat became clogged, like real clogged and the truck would bog and die and then it was like something in the cat was moving around because sometimes it would unclog but you never knew when. Then it backfired real hard one day. That's when the miss started.

Then I replaced the exhaust with flowmasters and for some reason the backfire seemed to have taken a map sensor out because it ran bad until I figured out the map sensor was bad. When I replaced the map sensor it ran dramatically better but always had a miss.

Now the miss is gone and it purrs through them flow masters.

Did you find these cars Cliff??
Dave,
No, my buddy Bill knew about the GTS for a couple decades, it wasn’t for sale then he stopped by one day and the owner had passed and the kid said he would sell. I went with bill to look the car over in Durham, CT. and he made a strong offer and now owns the car.

The 6bbl car was found by a contractor who is friends with my buddy Glenn and he sent the pictures to him and shared the location in Harwinton, CT. I don’t know who bought this car.

I have more pictures of abandoned Mopar muscle cars, gotta find them, some I bought so I was just 2nd hand info to.

Cliff Ramsdell

The Car:
cuda_corkscrew.jpg

The Team Starfish Barracuda attacking the Corkscrew at Laguna Seca. Think the suspension is loaded enough? Those are 1.14 inch torsion bars up front!
As mentioned, the car started out as a stock 1966 Formula S, and is now modified for vintage racing. The car was originally a red over red car and remains so today, painted in the original PP1 color. The car did originally come with a very rare white vinyl top, which has been replaced with original spec racing stripes.

1723588513091.png

Chrysler "TA" 4 bolt main small block, approx. 325 CI displacement, balanced and fully
blueprinted.
. 2.02/1.65 Manley Severe Service stainless steel valves, (Chevy stem size), ported "J" heads.
. Custom JE Forged pistons, 11:1
. Stock forged crank, cut to Chevy size rods and Manley H beam rods, ARP wavelock bolts.
. Sealed Power high volume oil pump.
. Stefs 13 row oil cooler, mounted adjacent to radiator
. Charlie's Oil Pans custom 7 qt. fully baffled aluminum oil pan, with 3 qt Accusump.
. Cloyes double roller timing chain.
. Custom Dean Elgin cam, .536in/.546ex lift
. Matched springs and mechanical lifters, Mopar Performance bushed rockers
. Edelbrock Performer RPM dual plane high rise manifold
. Holley 650 double pumper carb, with ProForm body
. MP Electronic tach drive distributor, MP electonic ignition
. Optima sealed gel battery relocated to trunk
. Custom Griffin aluminum radiator
. Torque limiting bolt added between engine and K-member.
. Custom tri-y headers, by Sanderson's Headers, Jet-Hot ceramic coated,
. Dual 2 1/2 in. aluminized tubing, bolt on either with or without mufflers
. Exhaust exits ahead of rear tires
. Noise level: 112 dB without mufflers, 97 dB with.

-
Back