Random pictures thread

-
Another Good Day

IMG_20241013_191506_603.jpg

☆☆☆☆☆

Bought this little guy a couple months back on one of those super specials at Sam's Club. Wasn't sure I needed it but what the heck, let's try it as the wife hates cold food all day at the track. Thought I'd give it a try for the first time as we'll use it for heating food or whatnot when we go racing.

Wow - pleasantly surprised. This little inverter deal is fairly quiet and easily handles a crock pot or anything else I've thrown at it so far. I'm used to our big 7000W generator I use to feed the house panel when needed. Such a moose and way heavy. This thing is less than 50 pounds full of fuel. Seems to surge a bit during break-in but holding voltage constant right at 124V and dead on 60 hz. :thumbsup:

20241014_144413.jpg

Factory Acid-Dipped Hemi Belevedere A990 Drag Car?!!

This 1965 Plymouth Belvedere in North Ridgeville, Ohio bears a fender tag with the R11 Body code and Engine code 82 used on those cars. It’s located in North Ridgeville, Ohio.
This car also features the Heater Delete code that was part of the A990 package. Plymouth built 160 of these cars, and Dodge made 200 of the comparable Coronets. This one came with the sturdy 727 three-speed automatic and (of course) a four-speed with Hurst shifter was also available.
The A990 cars had a one-inch reduced wheelbase to help with weight transfer under acceleration. To reduce weight, the bodies were dipped in acid, reducing the thickness of the metal as much as 60%. Doors and bumpers were mounted with aluminum hardware.
Originally EE1 Dark Blue Poly with a L1T Tan Interior, this lightweight Mopar probably went through several livery changes before being retired. In 1965 the 426 hemi featured cylinder heads with the now-famous hemispherical combustion chambers, 12.5:1 compression ratio, solid lifters, and a magnesium cross-ram intake with twin Holley four-barrel carburetors. Spent gasses exhausted through tubular four-into-two-into-one exhaust headers, then into a truncated exhaust with and dual outlets with removable caps.

1728933350594.png
1728933411471.png
1728933382289.png
1728933464743.png

I forgot all about these!

Picture taken this morning @ Stanley's (formerly Stasiu's) Bar, 2500 University Ave NE, Mpls....

IMG_6685.JPG

My grandparents lived on the same block, and even as a kid, when they were taller than me, I thought these were pretty cool!

Last edited:
-
Back