Rant about forsale cars and rust

-
So if you meet a woman in a bar and she tells you she is "Husband Free" and open to your advances, later you may learn that there actually IS a Husband in the picture, but he may not be very big?

I just take it as an expression that suggests it isn't a total piece of shite. I live in the rust belt so as you said there's no such thing as truly rust free.

he is probably hiding in the closet with a camera and a roll of paper towels.

I know a particular vendor in the NE that sells "rust free" parts.
What he actually means is that he doesn't charge for the rust.

Now We Move On To Bubbling.
"the Seller Says" Look It Has One Little Bubble The Size Of A Penny On The Quarter.
What You Dont See Is The Base Ball Size Hole That Behind The Bondo .
Hello. Seller.

Im Only Venting This From 20 Yrs Experience.
Thank You.

I know a particular vendor in the NE that sells "rust free" parts.
What he actually means is that he doesn't charge for the rust.

That must be the same guy that sold a buddy of mine a "rust free" deck lid. It took nearly 2 square feet of bulk steel to patch all the rust he had to cut out. Funny thing was it didn't look all that bad from the outside. Once he hit it with a DA it was a whole different story.

A few years ago,my friend went and bought a 68 Dart ragtop.He brought the car to my house and when I got under it and noticed the 1/4 panels were siliconed to the doglegs!You should have seen his face!Priceless!He had them welded,just shows you that he didn,t check the car out to well before forkin over 5K!If your just starting in the body bussiness?Just wait and see some repairs you,ll come across!

there was a 68-9 sattelite on CL a few weeks ago they 1/4s were rotted out and mudded up, doors were crunchy, fenders had a little rot, he even went as far as posting pics of a rotted out framerail, only to post in the add "this car is virtually rust free"

I agree. Way too literal. I can find the rust you're talking about on a 3 yr old Camry. As far as finding stuff in a window channel? You believe the car should have been disassembled for verification prior to sale? I think you might need a vacation...lol. I'll also add, you are incorrect... the factory dipped the bodies in sealer and primer. Look at a factory firewall.The dipping only went partially up the firewall, and you can see the bare metal surface rust patina there easily. Drink less coffee... I find that helps. :D

-
Back