rare 340 4 barrel intake

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

dusterfanatic

The 340 Hammer
Reaction score
hey i own a 340 engine and i want to know more about my intake because its a 4 barrel carb but my intake has all 4 barrels but its just a hole and i was wondering if anyone could tell me what this is
thanks
The 340 Hammer 8)

Post up a picture, I'm not quite following you. Rare? Doubt it.

sounds like a late sixties 340 intake. 68-70 i think had the holes i believe..

only two kinds of stock intakes were on 340s.... square bore for avs carb...
spread bore for thermoquads...

can't get the number or a picture because i just moved and its sitting in a box raped up in the shed but its weird i was reaseching it and there is nothing like it that i have seen but you know how there are usually 4 barrels holes in the intake for the carb to sit on well its a completly stock hole that the 4 barrels go in

either one of these it?

Snap1.jpg

no but you see how the barrels are not joind on the 4 barrel one mine are its almost like a square but because of it, it allows more air flow witch gives me a **** load more power thats why i think its rare

I think foul words need to be side lined and the fact the the right inatke has 4 holes is due to the year and doesn't make any less power than yours with the holes joined for two large area's rather than 4 seprate ones.

sounds like someone just ground out the barrels on the intake to run a different carb at one time to me...

That is a MoPar Performance M-1 single plain intake manifold designed for an accepted general HP to light race useage in the 3000 - 7000 rpm range.

Going back to the picture for a moment, I noticed that is a very recent offering with the N02 or F.I. bosses and Magnum style water outlet.

That was never stock and who ever told you that should have there head checked against a rock frequently.

That is a (AGAIN) A MoPar Performance race part.

makes sence because i bought the engine off a guy who had it in his race car
thanks alot

hey does anyone know info on the purple streak race cam

Never heard of "purple streak race cam."

Purple shaft cams were a part that were offered by Direct Connection (Mopar Performance) in the 80's.

This thread keeping your editing skill's sharp Rumble?

The single plane 4bbl 273 manifold, didn't it have on hole in the back?

no but you see how the barrels are not joind on the 4 barrel one mine are its almost like a square but because of it, it allows more air flow witch gives me a **** load more power thats why i think its rare
gives you more power compared to what?have you run this intake compared to other 340 intakes?is it exactly the same as the picture you posted?is it aluminum or cast iron?i seareously doubt you have anything "rare"

gives you more power compared to what?have you run this intake compared to other 340 intakes?is it exactly the same as the picture you posted?is it aluminum or cast iron?i seareously doubt you have anything "rare"

Holy crap, what's up with you people??? One guy says lame, now this. I have been here forever and I am almost afraid to ask a question. We are here to learn, give him a break will ya?
Rumble if I'm outta line I'm sorry, but sheesh.

Holy crap, what's up with you people??? One guy says lame, now this. I have been here forever and I am almost afraid to ask a question. We are here to learn, give him a break will ya?
Rumble if I'm outta line I'm sorry, but sheesh.
you have a good point,i want to know what the intake it made out of,and the fact that it makes a lot more power,i wanted to know what other intakes it makes more power than.it just does not sound like a rare peice from the description so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back