Rare 63 Dart rearend(Craigslist-not mine)

-
would you trade your cuda for one?? ...that could be arranged

At this time i have much blood and sweat invested in my notch,not to mention tracking down alot of cuda specific parts. Now if you asked me that 2 or 3 years ago then mebbe lol

Around here scrap is around $9.00 a hundred , so im guessing his rear woth some wahre in that price range lol

So i call this guy yesterday since its a local call for me, he says yep $900 for it. I reply ive removed the brakes and pitched 2 of these on the scrap pile of my local scrap dealer.

Today he calls me back and says a gal outta florida just bought it today for $900, plus shipping ?!? This guys gotta be pulling my leg.

When i talked to him yesterday he said he is using a mercury montego 9" rear along with the montego springs. Setting the rear back in the wheel wells 2" increasing the wheelbase length. I asked him why not just use the montego u bolts, and spring plates, and the dart springs to keep the axle in stock location. His reply had something to do with customizing.

i still dont see anybody paying $900 for a lame pegleg 7.25" you could buy a whole lotta 8.75" goodness for that price. Lol not to mention the fact that if i was selling mine i'd be stuck with it for a few years and be lucky to get $25 for it unless i got tired of tripping over it and sent it to the scrappy first.

Today he calls me back and says a gal outta florida just bought it today for $900, plus shipping ?!?

she must not know anything about cars. you know how girls are with cars. "where does the gas go" "what is that round black thingy in the trunk, says firestone on it" :jocolor::jocolor::jocolor:

she must not know anything about cars. you know how girls are with cars. "where does the gas go" "what is that round black thingy in the trunk, says firestone on it" :jocolor::jocolor::jocolor:

Hahaha this is where a fool and their money have parted ways. This a quote i am borrowing from a friend. I could build up a nice 8.75 " on a $900 budget. Contact him , tell him you got a bunch of 7.25" mopar A body rears you would sell him for $400 each.

Let me guess she is sending him a cashiers check for $2,000 then when he figures shipping he can send her whatever money I left over.

I sold a car on ebay long time ago and got a check for 2k over the balance for the car ......same scam.

but I didn't fall for and checked the background of the cashiers check at my bank and they called around and confirmed "SCAM" so we took the check to my local sheriff's office and they really could not do much since the alleged scammer was supposedly in Canada.....he would have had to have been here in Colorado to pursue him .....but oh well, that was interesting experience.

So i call this guy yesterday since its a local call for me, he says yep $900 for it. I reply ive removed the brakes and pitched 2 of these on the scrap pile of my local scrap dealer.

Today he calls me back and says a gal outta florida just bought it today for $900, plus shipping ?!? This guys gotta be pulling my leg.

When i talked to him yesterday he said he is using a mercury montego 9" rear along with the montego springs. Setting the rear back in the wheel wells 2" increasing the wheelbase length. I asked him why not just use the montego u bolts, and spring plates, and the dart springs to keep the axle in stock location. His reply had something to do with customizing.

i still dont see anybody paying $900 for a lame pegleg 7.25" you could buy a whole lotta 8.75" goodness for that price. Lol not to mention the fact that if i was selling mine i'd be stuck with it for a few years and be lucky to get $25 for it unless i got tired of tripping over it and sent it to the scrappy first.

I'd have said...I smell something. Bullsh....
$900??!! I don't think so.

havent heard anything from him, he has my phone number and i have his. may have to go stop by in a few weeks and see if ole peggy is still hangin around his shop.

-
Back