Rare 73 Dart Sport, Moon Roof, A/C, #49

-
Yeah its definitely an interesting car. Whats Interesting and Ive never seen before is that all the seams in the jams and the spotwelds in the engine bay were leaded smooth. I asked the owner(Hes had the car since 1974) about it and he says thats the way the car has always been. I thought that maybe it was done during a repaint but it wasn't. Why would mama dodge spend this much time on this car? Anyone else have their car done up this way from the factory?

Definitely a car worth restoring as it will get lots of looks and not many left. I like the mist green color and it's pretty rare as far as 1973 colors go.

When I owned my #'s Matching Basin Street Blue 340-4spd Duster with the M52, C73 and V21 codes among it's options it always drew plenty of looks on the street and at cruises. Strange thing was the manual steering, I guess the owner didn't want any hp robbed from the power steering? It's in Syracuse, NY now.

I have records of about 16 Dart Sport 340 sunroof cars and around 12 Duster 340 sunroof cars still alive and ticking.

Definitely a car worth restoring as it will get lots of looks and not many left. I like the mist green color and it's pretty rare as far as 1973 colors go.

When I owned my #'s Matching Basin Street Blue 340-4spd Duster with the M52, C73 and V21 codes among it's options it always drew plenty of looks on the street and at cruises. Strange thing was the manual steering, I guess the owner didn't want any hp robbed from the power steering? It's in Syracuse, NY now.

I have records of about 16 Dart Sport 340 sunroof cars and around 12 Duster 340 sunroof cars still alive and ticking.

My #'s matching 73 Dart Sport 340 sunroof car, coined by Dodge as the "Convertriple", is one of MY340's recorded 16 still alive and ticking. Mine was built Oct. 18, 1972, 2 months after yours. I have the original broadcast sheet, fender tag, and still retains the original drivetrain.

My car was originally bronze with white bucket/console interior, no vinyl top, and white "up n over" stripe. No offence to any owners of bronze cars but I wasn't particularly fond of my car's color combo that it was born with. I wanted a high impact color, so I painted mine sublime and changed the interior color over to black, and I preferred the longitudinal stripe over the "up n over" stripe. I also preferred the 74 tail stripe with the "Dart Sport" script over the 73 horizontal striped tail. Here's a few pics....

73340DartSport001-1.jpg

73340DartSport006.jpg

73340DartSport011_640x480.jpg

Beautiful car! Brings back all the old memories of my SpaceDuster but I'm really glad someone else is enjoying the car now.

I don't worry about my present car so much!:-D

I love your car, nice seeing it getting a deserved restoration. I have a 73 mist green 340 duster. I had thought about having it redone sublime, but the more pale mist green grew on me. I do like the color now and seeing other cars like mine. 73 seemed to be the year of pastel colors. My duster is set off with black buckets/console with fold down rear seat and black half vinyl top, black 340 stripe.

mistgreen 340,
Here's some pics of my old 1973 Duster 340-4spd car if you never saw them posted before. Among it's options were the factory sunroof and fold down rearseat.

Duster exterior pics.jpg

Well as of the last uploaded pictures, All rust has been cut out and replaced with new metal. All factory seams were filled with SEM Panel Bond. The entire shell was treated with metal prep then primed with self etching primer and finally epoxy primer. The car is now off the rotisserie for body work and is getting skim coated with a light coat of evercoat quantum 1 and metal glaze to remove any waves. I want this car as straight as a dart... lol, literally. Only the best materials are used, there is over $1500 worth of materials in this car as of these pictures.
Enjoy the pics!!!

Olivier Dion

Twisted Motorsports

IMG00318-20100225-1006.jpg

IMG00321-20100225-1401.jpg

IMG00322-20100225-1537.jpg

IMG00354-20100303-1452.jpg

IMG00445-20100408-1446.jpg

IMG00446-20100408-1446.jpg

IMG00447-20100408-1449.jpg

IMG00454-20100409-1550.jpg

IMG00355-20100303-1452.jpg

Interesting..... Y91 states 'Show Car Finish'
Combine that with a very early build and my mind starts to think nice things.

yeah, does anyone know what this y91 "show car finish" meant or what is included with this option??? just curious

Olivier Dion

Twisted Motorsports

yeah, does anyone know what this y91 "show car finish" meant or what is included with this option??? just curious

Olivier Dion

Twisted Motorsports
With all the options, and the show finish code, early build date, this could be a dealer ordered car for the showroom. Or maybe even a factory display model? Regardless, cudos for putting the effort into making it right, and good luck with the rest of the restoring.

very cool car! Your skills are def there and Im guessing this is not the first time you hae restored a car,lol.

Great job!

Actually this IS my first restoration. Im 21 and just got out of auto body school. Just payed attention and took notes haha.... I worked at a couple hot rod shops and quickly found out that many many people dont know what the heck they are doing and literally destroying cars so I decided to do my own thing. This is my first customers car. I dont cut any corners when it comes to quality so its either my way or no way :)

Short and sweet how I got all my cars

75 Dart Swinger, found behind a local used car dealership, running $800

68 Dart, ebay, drove it home, $950

72 'cuda, My first car, saved money since i was 8yrs old for this one, my baby $5500

63 W200, found behind a closed shop $300

89 Ram, Found wrecked, $200, Replaced fender and hood for $200,

70 Duster(Hers), Bought from friend, $500

84 Fifth Ave 318 (400,000+miles), From Grandpa, Free

86 Dodge Omni GLH Turbo(Hers), Bought from Friend, $1200

63 Fury Convertible, Bought from dad $2500

-
Back