Rarest A-Body Option?

-
Speaking of rear defrosters,does anybody have the plastic grates to sell or know where I can get some? I don't even know what they look like. The two holes I have in my package tray don't look so good. The thing blows air real good but no grates. Even a pic of them would be appreciated.

I added that to my notchback. I believe the grate and duct is 67-69 barracuda notchback only. I think the darts and valiants used the long thin grate/diffuser. I would think the special duct with the spiltter in it would be as hard or harder than the grates.

I look for or take some pics of my diffusers and duct.

Super Stock car were not an option. They are an entire model.

I don't think engine combos really count as rear options themselves. Like a 64-66 wagon with 273-4bbl and 4spd. That's just a rare combination.

My vote:

68 Barracuda red fender liners
69 recall rims

How about the Mod Top option on 69 Darts & Barracudas & or Mod interior. Otherwise I think the rear shoulder belts is one of the rarest.The sunroof Dart/Duster was an available option for about 4 years I think, whereas the Mod Top option was 69/70 only.

The Nose cone on the front grill of the 68 darts G T S .... I know thats rare

The%20Dart%20023.jpg

D Darts were a rare bunch with the 275 hp 273s.

Didn't Chrysler sell car models with various "packages"? Somewhat like a bunch of options together in one order code; like, if you ordered a V8, you automatically got a 8 3/4 rear; or a 4-speed and 8 3/4 rear? Also, how about interior finish grades?

Didn't Chrysler sell car models with various "packages"? Somewhat like a bunch of options together in one order code; like, if you ordered a V8, you automatically got a 8 3/4 rear; or a 4-speed and 8 3/4 rear? Also, how about interior finish grades?

Yep depended if it was a 340 etc. Some came with 8 3/4 mostlyautos with 340s 383s etc. Then the rare 4spds and hemis had a dana. The trims are broken into customs, swingers, 270s etc.

AC cars got large radiators etc. But most 273 318s were all 7 1/4 rears except later cars they had 8 1/4s too.

Hay I recall the Taxi cars with a /6 and a 727 trans that is a rare one too!

Mines an export 68 barracuda with 8 3/4 rear 323 gears and heavy duty suspension for the UK market, also has 318/904 no A/C and fittings for rear belts oh yes its RHD as well not a conversion was built like that in the factory also has high spec trim ( door pockets and stuff with rear de fogger)

Convertible

3729 built in `67 not sure of the other years

AC is not rare in the newer A Bodies, probably about the same % as other body lines that are not luxury models

depending on location shipped to if rear window blower/defogger would be installed/ordered, same now.

Have seen folding canvas top on mid 70's duster/ dart sport body style and crank in a 74 just last friday

Never seen rear shoulder mounts

Yeah the rear shoulder belts were available by special order, around 1970.
I've seen more of those in E-bodies than A=bodies.
A 60/40 split bench. Fold down armrest moved with the drivers side. I've only seen one. Was a brown 4 door 74 Dart custom. That car had everything !
Oddly enough , Dad had a Maverick with LTD apointment (i think thats the word for it). Plush carpet, reclining seats, etc, etc... and it was also a brown 74 model.

Mines an export 68 barracuda with 8 3/4 rear 323 gears and heavy duty suspension for the UK market, also has 318/904 no A/C and fittings for rear belts oh yes its RHD as well not a conversion was built like that in the factory also has high spec trim ( door pockets and stuff with rear de fogger)

The only thing I see different here is where the driver sits and maybe trim/interior pockets.

I've got a '71 duster 340 that came with a dictaphone on the floor non console 4 speed.... console 4 speeds, radio and heater delete, cruise control, sunroofs are all rare on any a body. Things that are rare in some areas are not in others, like most Canadian cars had engine block heaters and a lot had rear window defoggers but most southern U.S. cars did not. I would say a very loaded up 340 or 360 car is unusual, I also have a '74 360 dart sport that is white with white stripes and that's rare as well. Just to name a few....

I had a 71 Dart Swinger /6 car, typical except the interior had a Kleenex brand tissue holder that sat on the center hump under the ashtray. There was a metal clip that fit through the carpet and the tissue holder slid down over that. I've never seen another one and it was the same pale yellow as the interior. The same car also had a rear speaker with fader switch, separate under dash map lights and a rear DEFOGGER.
I think there is a difference between the blower motor system, which I refer to as a defogger and the defroster, which was available probably in 74, that consisted of the wires on the rear window that heat like the modern defrosters we have today.
I have a defogger on my 70 340 car and I have an extra one I can take pictures of if you guys want to see it. It used a package tray with the slits cut out for one speaker on the drivers side with no special grate. This is where the motor was mounted, in the speaker location and the center vent was long and thin. If you had both the rear speaker and the defogger, the speaker was on the passenger side (at least it was in my 71 Dart).

SBP aluminum recall wheels!

I vote for the 68 Hemi cars. The SBP aluminum would probably get my vote for surviving, because a number of them were exchanged. The ones we see on cars now survived because of a few stubborn owners, not because only a few were installed at the factory.

Think rear shoulder belts would have been a dealer installed option cause. The Demon does not have tapped bolt holes for rear belts.

Sunroofs, both cloth and metal, number into the thousands according to Govier's book.:snakeman:

Sorry guys, I probably should have been a little more clear on what i was asking. I know that any Hemi car is very rare, I was more interested in the accessories (maybe not the correct term) example: Folding rear seat, center console, things like that.

Sorry guys, I probably should have been a little more clear on what i was asking. I know that any Hemi car is very rare, I was more interested in the accessories (maybe not the correct term) example: Folding rear seat, center console, things like that.

Exactly. Thank You!!

I don't think the rear shoulder belts don't have studs.

I now think rear shoulder belts would be the lowest numbered deliver option per year.

Wonder if anyone has 68 Barracuda red wheel well liner numbers. I think less of those than folding canvas sunroofs per year. They made a lot more hard sliding sunroof than the canvas style.

So....are the fold down rear seats in the dart sports uncommon, or are they all like that? (i have only ever seen my dart sport so i have nothing to compare too)

As an early Dart owner, I like the D-Dart thing.

But does anyone still have a "Mod Top". I'm asking 'cause I don't remember if it was a factory or dealer thing.

Yeah...that's even more rare than you think. That is a right handed Hurst E brake handle....for one of our brothers down under. Now.....a LEFT handed Hurst E brake handle........:toothy10:

Who knows, I like to make my own options anyways.

It' so much better than the factory options too.

What other car had high performance HURST parking brake T handle levers?LOL.

ebrake.jpg

I would say the Hemi LO cars do not count.You had to have a drag racing license to buy one.And in alot of cases you had to know someone to get one.The average Joe could not walk into the Dodge Dealer and buy one.So would the LO cars be a option.
I would have to say the M code 440 Darts and Cudas.Anyone could have ordered one.
OH YA DONT FORGET THE 70 DART R/T's.....LOL

As an early Dart owner, I like the D-Dart thing.

But does anyone still have a "Mod Top". I'm asking 'cause I don't remember if it was a factory or dealer thing.

There`s a member here that`s got one. I think the word "mod" is in his screen name.

Hey...that looks like Dart Vader's........oh...nevermind

-
Back