RAT ROD? I do not like that title...

-

bigtom

Reaction score
Have you ever had your ride called a Rat rod? :wack:

I prefer "Work in progress" I wish I could take it apart and do it all at once, but I drive my Dart to work every day and have done so for years. It IS getting fixed bit by bit, and it is rock solid reliable...

Opinions?

Tom in Texas

I don't like it either. Seems that every young person sees a car in primer the first thing they say is Nice Rat Rod. it doesn't apply for our cars and even traditional rodders hate it.

Well i dont care what any one calls mine ... for the fact its mine not theres .. and if there saying nice rat, car . cuda i take it as they like it and thank them .

Unfortunately, the first Rats were basically works in progress. It's just a term, means very little really. And it's easier to say than "project car, that I love to drive too". It's not derogatory, just a term, like jalopy.

Now it's kinda become "intentional" for rat rods to look unfinished or well....ratty. That's ok for them. But work in progress is just that. Unfinished. Mine will probably be unfinished for life. lol

now it's kinda become "intentional" for rat rods to look unfinished or well....ratty. That's ok for them. But work in progress is just that. Unfinished. Mine will probably be unfinished for life. Lol

x2

as long as my car gets noticed thats all I care about rat muscle work in prog what ever its all good

Just shows how ignorant some are. Rat Rod and project car are two different things.

-
Back