rat rods?

-
I agree that you cant take a late model and turn it into a rat/jalopy....you can make a late model look ratty though...ugh.

Don't waste to much time or money on it is all I can offer and don't expect the traditional rod crowd to be nice to you about it....They sneer at me when ever I go to a cruise so I can only imagine what they would have to say about something like that......

That being said, see if you can find an older body to drop over the modern frame and drive train.....at least try to keep it more traditional and have some sort of plan.....a theme for it.

Good luck.

Mop

damn thats a beauty!!! I love it!

My friend has his 37 international Rat Rod out back...... I will post a few pictures tomorrow! It is sweet.............

Thanks.

They are fun to build thats for sure. I drive it quite a bit and it can be a bit cramped but for short drives and such, its a good time....Few more

100_1317w.jpg

100_1330w.jpg

100_1431.jpg

fatratatsavanah.jpg

Oh...yes its bagged. 4 link in rear. The controls are all manual and are located on the drivers quarter panel.....50's style pneumatic controls and gauges...when I get out I flip the 2 manual air toggles and it goes WOOOOOOOSH and slams to the ground in 1 second flat.....I was thinking of putting some wizzer whistles on the exhaust ports...you know the kind that sound like those spinning fire crackers....that would mess with peoples heads...:snakeman:

Mop

Thanks.

They are fun to build thats for sure. I drive it quite a bit and it can be a bit cramped but for short drives and such, its a good time....Few more

BADDDD!!!!=P~ :snakeman:

i love em, doesnt matter what theyre made out of as long as they look cool. thats kinda the point its just what you can afford, a budget build and it looks cool. i wanna make one outta like a 29-33 plymouth 2 door sedan

You guys need to make it to the hamb drag nationals, great rats and great time.

I'm going to get with a neighbor about a couple late '40s dodge pick-ups he has setting and make one.

Those pics in the link look real familiar.....I have seen many of them at local shows. What part of Kansas are these shot at? Kinda looks like leavenworth or even North KCMO.

Nice gallery...

Those pics in the link look real familiar.....I have seen many of them at local shows. What part of Kansas are these shot at? Kinda looks like leavenworth or even North KCMO.

Nice gallery...

MoKan drag strip in Asbury, MO.

Cool.

I have been working on mine this week...I consider it a never ending pile of history and museum relics. Every piece has a story...how I got it...what it is/was. It's almost better fun than building my barracuda....(I'm sorry sweetie...I was just kidding).....so anyway

We are adding a small bracket on the back....used to be a spare tire bracket off an old Willys truck.

I need it to add about 2' of plank to hold the rat bike me and my son built this winter...I'm using some old copper tubing for lat supports and guides to keep the back tire in place. We want it straight from front (cab) top rear....the bike that is.

Here is a pic of the bracket and the bike in the back.

Enjoy...

Mop

100_3176w.jpg

100_3177w.jpg

Rat rods rule! There is a repair shop a couple miles from my house (western NY) and they have a couple of 32ish pickups. The one guy drives his all the time. Saw him on a dry day in January, snowbanks along the road, tooling along in his rod.

Cool.

I have been working on mine this week...I consider it a never ending pile of history and museum relics. Every piece has a story...how I got it...what it is/was. It's almost better fun than building my barracuda....(I'm sorry sweetie...I was just kidding).....so anyway

We are adding a small bracket on the back....used to be a spare tire bracket off an old Willys truck.

I need it to add about 2' of plank to hold the rat bike me and my son built this winter...I'm using some old copper tubing for lat supports and guides to keep the back tire in place. We want it straight from front (cab) top rear....the bike that is.

Here is a pic of the bracket and the bike in the back.

Enjoy...

Mop

Looks good. I've got a line on a couple trucks and hope to get something going this summer. Have you ever made it to Greaserama in KC over Labor Day weekend? If not you should, it's a gas.:-D

Yes...went to Greaserama in 2008.

Was a gas....drank rolling rocks and looked at some sweet mome built jalopies.

Last year I did Goodguys.....I will probably go back to Goodguys cause my buddy is coming in town and putting his super bee in it this year.

It sucks having both shows on at the same time cause it draws a line....

Mop

100_1338w.jpg

May go that direction with this. Still havent decided between 4x4 with 40-44 mudders or slammed rat rod style 2wd

Picture 197.jpg

Those are some sweeties.

I completed the bike rack last night.....some fine tuning and a few details and it will look old and like part of the truck.

Me and the boy are going to cruise night Sat.....shake up the old timers a bit:snakeman:

100_3178w.jpg

100_3180w.jpg

-
Back