Raw metal TTIs ??

-

DARTDALE

Reaction score
I spoke with a guy at Mancini about Uncoated TTIs for my Dart .He called TTI and was told that they would cost only $10 less than chrome ones. I really need, or at least I think I need uncoated for now.I was going to remove and have them coated later. But maybe I will go ahead and go ceramic even now. Have any of yall bought uncoated ones ? If so how much were they?? And where did you get them?

I bought a set 4 years ago that came un coated. I dont know why and never asked. I have a feeling they came that why so the shop I bought them from could try to get me to have them coat them later.

PCu09.jpg

Heres a set of coated, non polished with the thermal coating inside.

IM000789.jpg

IM000788.jpg

I don't know.Mine came coated.But I can tell you this I paid $750.00 for mine.I wanted to use a mini starter right.So I checked my instructions and the called TTI to make sure I got the right starter.I ordered the Mopar starter that I was supposed to use.Guess what my headers would NOT fit.THE ONLY STARTER THAT WILL FIT CORRECTLY WITHOUT BEATING ON THE HEADERS WAS A STOCK STARTER!!! I was not to happy.I have a 383 I dont know if a 440 is any better it may be a better fit with a RB block.

What tube did you use 2" or 1-3/4"? Either way any under chassis BB header is going to be tight.

I used the 1 3/4 tube.I mounted the engine to the crossmember.Then I bolted on the Headers.And I put the engine in from the bottom.

they all end up rusting anyway so i would go uncoated. i bought the chrome ones because i was told at the time that uncoated ones wern't avalible.

i used the starter that 440source sells and put it on a 383 with the tti headers. i put the starter in without moving the header. it doesn't even touch the header.

There is no way to put the header on first and then the starter after.starter must go on first and then you can put the header on.But it hits the starter just enought to screw you.Boy I wish I would have known about the 440 Source starter.I really wish TTI knew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Left this message for somebody a day or so ago. Bought my hemi TTI's at Spring Fling last month, got 10% off and picked them up to save shipping. Got them "raw steel" for about $110 less than coated. On a new car its' best to play with them first without the coating and I have another company I think does a better job, gives me the color I want and costs about the same as TTI. They don't advertise the raw headers in the front of their catalog but on my Catalog 3 page 54 C0, it lists the "raw steel".

I have the small blk ones...they were coated inside and out...outside it starting to rust had them for 3 years.... besides the rust they are great...fits like a glove!!!

-
Back