re-chromed bumper prices

-

greg

Reaction score
What are people paying to have a Dart bumper chromed these days? I think it's about $1000 up here.

I think Pettybludart started a thread on this. I think you are right though...around $1000 a pair. I paid $600 from Midway plating(they have a booth at moparfest) about 22 years ago. They do nice work though....triple plated

Man that sounds high... My friend just had his 70 Satellite bumpers done for $275 each.. They straightened them and re-chromed .. They look great..Some place in Dallas Texas.

I just picked up triple plated, front and rear 69 Dart bumpers at the Portland Show,, they were $250 each exchange, and of course I didn't have an exchange so $50 core on each..

The outfit name is United Plating out of Hacienda Heights, Ca, 91745.. 626-363-5145
email is [email protected]

St. Louis plating quoted $288.00 each. Sounds like it would be worthwhile for you to ship. They do on first come first served basis. Always about three month wait. No cores available.

I paid about a grand for both front and rear on a 69 dart. It was done in Quebec. Places in Ontario are way too high. Mind you those prices down in the states are awesome, would be worth your while to ship em there.

onig

Just paid $324 for my 70 Dart front bumper to get done. PM me if you are looking for a MN connection.

Bought rechromed front and rear for the Demon. $275 each. Bought on ebay from Californa. Just had to watch because they would get oem bumpers rechrome and list as they got them.

Im picking up my bumpers at spring Carlisle from Tri City Plating out of Tenn. for $325.00 each.

I saw them from AMD and was going to buy them but was waiting for some input on threir quality. How do yo like them are the straight and the same thickness as the originals? And how is the chrome?

i like them same as the oe 1 i went with 70-71 no jack slots

I saw them from AMD and was going to buy them but was waiting for some input on threir quality. How do yo like them are the straight and the same thickness as the originals? And how is the chrome?
I dont know about these AMD bumpers but I heard that some aftermaket bumpers are chrome plated steel...No cooper and they will crack around the bolt holes when they are tightened....I feel better about rechroming from a reputable plater. I have had my share of junk chinese reproduction parts latley.

Last ones I had plated was 325 from Highline Plating Cuba Mo.Did a great job.They did quite a bit of work before they plated them

-
Back