Not open for further replies.

niceolddart

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Contact seller
I am in the market for a good remanufactured 518/46rh transmission & converter for my 95 Dakota. Stock or close to stock stall on converter is good. Anybody have one, or can you recommend a GOOD company that re-mans these tranny's. My original needs to be replaced and I don't want to have to pull this transmission out twice.(I'll be doing this at home) I already have new trans lines and a new radiator to install when I do this, & I will be adding a cooler. The engine will be slightly modded @ 300 H.P. give or take 25 H.P. Any help would be great, Thanks

Thanks for your in-put on this. I didn't even think of Cope Transmissions. I'll check them out. I am familiar with there products and they've been around a long time, so I'm pretty sure I can trust them. Thanks again.

Proformance transmissions - a subsidiary of Frank Lupo’ Dynamic Converters near you in Newark DE rebuilt a 500/42RH for me. They’ve done several transmissions fior me.

Another name that's been around a while. I will contact them too. Thank you for your advice

Not a name anyone on this forum has heard of before, however my father builds transmissions by trade, and being Mopar guys we've done quite a few of these transmissions. He takes his time and does things correctly, the first time.
Built quite a few, including my own. It survived in my 2001 Ram 1500 towing things that truck never showed have for years and years.
Have several out there that have been abused winter after winter in plow trucks that plowed large parking lots.
We use quality parts, high energy clutches, add more clutches per drum, use billet servo pistons, TransGo shift kits, snap rings (eliminating the wavy ring), your desired ratio shift lever.
Basically turn an 46RE into a very stout 47RE with upgraded parts throughout.
Only use Precision of New Hampton hgh quality torque converters with billet front cover (almost 50% larger lock-up clutch). Can add the anti-ballon Allison hub if wanted).
Make certain to get a quality cooler, and I also recommend a deep pan...

Dynamic Converters/ Proformance Transmission, (Frank Lupo) has been around at least 30 years. He is/was a Mopar S/S drag racer for a long time also.( Your Dad might know his name ) Your re-manned transmissions sound very good too! I am shopping around for good work and a good price with a converter. If your shop is in Michigan, it will cost a lot to ship to me in S.E. Pa. but give me an idea of what your father wants for a tranny & a stock to mild stall converter. It is a 518/46rh tranny, not a 46re ( it's an early 95 V8 OBD1 HYDRAULIC transmission ) will he need a core etc. Give me as much info as you can. Thanks Dan

Not a name anyone on this forum has heard of before, however my father builds transmissions by trade, and being Mopar guys we've done quite a few of these transmissions. He takes his time and does things correctly, the first time.
Built quite a few, including my own. It survived in my 2001 Ram 1500 towing things that truck never showed have for years and years.
Have several out there that have been abused winter after winter in plow trucks that plowed large parking lots.
We use quality parts, high energy clutches, add more clutches per drum, use billet servo pistons, TransGo shift kits, snap rings (eliminating the wavy ring), your desired ratio shift lever.
Basically turn an 46RE into a very stout 47RE with upgraded parts throughout.
Only use Precision of New Hampton hgh quality torque converters with billet front cover (almost 50% larger lock-up clutch). Can add the anti-ballon Allison hub if wanted).
Make certain to get a quality cooler, and I also recommend a deep pan...
Got a web site?

Don't recall web site but if your looking for trans work or converter, just type in Dynamic Converters or Proformace transmission. They are located in Newark, DE.

Don't recall web site but if your looking for trans work or converter, just type in Dynamic Converters or Proformace transmission. They are located in Newark, DE.
I was asking daniel_depetro if his father has a web site.
I personally use John Cope for parts.

Got a web site?

He does not.
I built a good size one for him years ago, however he just isn't at all interested in using the internet.
I did quickly set-up a Facebook page (DePetro Auto), but it's not very active.
He's been into Mopars since they were "new" (he also drag raced, starting in the mid-1970's) and we've always had big collections of cars and parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back