Re-pro tank or fuel cell ??

-

'70_Duster_340

Reaction score
Anyone have an opinion ? The original tank in my '70 Duster is loaded with fine rust particles and has a small leak .. It's gotta go

Any advantage of installing a fuel cell versus a new tank ?? I plan to drive it on the road now and then, but primarily fixing her up for the track...

Thanks for any advice or pointers

Kenny

go to www.4secondsflat.com for re-pro tank. they are Cdn made and are much better quality than most others. you can get them with a bottom pickup too.
I went with a fuel cell - now wish I'd went with a repro - 8gals doesn't allow you to go far with a 500hp stroker - LOL.

go to www.4secondsflat.com for re-pro tank. they are Cdn made and are much better quality than most others. you can get them with a bottom pickup too.
I went with a fuel cell - now wish I'd went with a repro - 8gals doesn't allow you to go far with a 500hp stroker - LOL.
Yup I agree with that, I wish I had a bigger tank. 8 gallons gets me around the block!
If you are on the street, the bigger the better.

Thanks for the advice guys ... I know ya get what ya pay for, but $495 seems a little steep for a tank from the above mentioned site ... I definitely have to replace it though and wanna make sure I get a tank that fits properly.. I took down the original tank this morning and dumped about 4 gallons of the most rusty, putrid looking gas I ever saw into a 5 gallon pail ... This old girl has been sitting around WAY too long !!

-
Back