re-wiring a 69 Dart

-
One thing I will note, the kit is NOT built to run the factory alt and external voltage regulator. It's intended to use a 1-wire type alternator. Instead I went ahead and did the toyota upgrade and simple added a keyed 12v excite wire and sense wire. I discussed this with AAW and their intentions were to add it to the harness

1 wire is the way to fly anyhow. Love mine.

well after alot of reading, I decide to go with the Denso. I don't want to muddle his thread discussing the merits of using a 3-wire vs 1-wire, but if it works well for you, its all good :)

It has a keyed 12v and constant 12v for the radio, nothing else in a stereo system is going to run off the harness for the car. amps and speakers are all powered/wired seperately.

Gotcha! Thanks again!

One thing I will note, the kit is NOT built to run the factory alt and external voltage regulator. It's intended to use a 1-wire type alternator. Instead I went ahead and did the toyota upgrade and simple added a keyed 12v excite wire and sense wire. I discussed this with AAW and their intentions were to add it to the harness

It was cake to wire a stock style ign and charging system into my highway 22 kit.

This one is the same, it's just not plug and play like the rest of the harness

-
Back