Ready for my first Car Show!

-

cdawglean

Reaction score
Just got finished getting the Dart ready for its first car show (with me as the owner) The show is called the Commando Cruise In and its at the Air Armament Museum here at Eglin AFB Florida. The show has about 250 cars usually but include all classes of Cars, Motorcycles, Trucks. I expect to see a lot of Mustangs and Camaros but hopefully there are quite a few MOPARS in my class.

Attachments

• SANY1391.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 282
  • SANY1394.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 257
  • SANY1398.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 256
Nice ride, nice yard, nice neighborhood, nice state! LOL
Things are looking pretty crappy here in CT. Florida is still havin fun!
Best of Luck at the show.

George

and I remember the feeling of pulling into my first car show....it's great. Any plans to further modify or just drive?

BTW- spent 12 weeks @ Eglin/Ft. Walton Beach (called Red Neck Riviera by locals) doing an experiment for work. It gets F%!$@ hot out on the range there...

Love the white sand beaches and the friendly Alabama (Louisiana, Mississippi & Georgia) girls.

Pete

Great looking Dart, have fun, hope you win something.

Yeah, get pics of that first show, nothing like it.

I can remember my first show, took people's choice first place best of show, what a suprize that was considering it was not totally finished, did not even have carpet or door panels. and there were some high dollar rides there in the mix.

Good Weather Nice Cars...... Didn't win anything in my class. The Class was Original MOPAR 1989 and Under. There was only 6 in my class including mine. There was 3 1970 Plymouth RoadRunners (Brown and Orange colored ones took 2nd and 3rd), a 1970 Cuda (1st in Class) a 1966 Cuda, and my 1970 Dart. Since this was my first show I wasn't exactly sure what the judges looked for ( and still am not sure considering). I do know for this show next year that I can get 3 bonus points for having a fire extinguisher, a first aid kit, and some BS documentation/info on the car. I think the judge might have not have liked chrome because the 2nd and 3rd place cars didn't have any engine mods or dress ups at all. Maybe I was in the wrong class to have Chrome and Headers??? Still had a good time hanging out with the old man and people still seemed to like the Dart.

Attachments

• SANY1407.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 160
  • SANY1408.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 152
  • SANY1409.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 163
Here is some more. The Cuda was NICE and deserved first place. The Orange Road Runner said it was numbers matching.

Attachments

• SANY1412.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 172
  • SANY1411.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 156
  • SANY1410.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 149
Some newer Challengers too.

Attachments

• SANY1413.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 149
  • SANY1414.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 140
  • SANY1415.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 143
Stiff competition there, Bro! I have to point out that your going to lose favor points with purists/judges because your engine bay is not the same color as the body. But, Hell Yeah! Nice looking ride and one that I would be glad to own. Don't get discouraged about trophies at car shows. Don't get hung up on that crap. The first show that I took my Oldsmobile to I was entered as STOCK GM 1965-1979. My 1973 Olds Cutlass Supreme is bone stock and has 32K original miles. She wears the original GM stamped fan belts and original AC Delco plug wires. I got "beat" by a 1968 Camaro that had a non-original engine that was chromed to the hilt along with alot of other "non-correct features" about the car. In fact I didn't even place in the show. When they handed out the trophies for my class I proceeded to come "un-glued" and let the show judges know it and educated them about what was a "STOCK" car and what was NOT. I felt childish afterwards, but was applauded by the entire Ford and Chrysler crowd. I got one hell of a laugh out of that! :bootysha:

Stiff competition there, Bro! I have to point out that your going to lose favor points with purists/judges because your engine bay is not the same color as the body. But, Hell Yeah! Nice looking ride and one that I would be glad to own. Don't get discouraged about trophies at car shows. Don't get hung up on that crap. The first show that I took my Oldsmobile to I was entered as STOCK GM 1965-1979. My 1973 Olds Cutlass Supreme is bone stock and has 32K original miles. She wears the original GM stamped fan belts and original AC Delco plug wires. I got "beat" by a 1968 Camaro that had a non-original engine that was chromed to the hilt along with alot of other "non-correct features" about the car. In fact I didn't even place in the show. When they handed out the trophies for my class I proceeded to come "un-glued" and let the show judges know it and educated them about what was a "STOCK" car and what was NOT. I felt childish afterwards, but was applauded by the entire Ford and Chrysler crowd. I got one hell of a laugh out of that! :bootysha:

I know in a MOPAR show I would get dinged for a lot of the imperfections such as the black out hood. I do need to point out the guy judging (just one guy judged the class) was wearing a Ford Mustang club shirt and a Ford Racing hat.

who brought the jet? :shock:

Uncle Sam...:-D

As for the judging, as others stated don't get hung up on that stuff. Most smaller shows are judged by volunteers that are just regular car guys and the trophies/points are awarded, at their discretion, generally based on their preferences.

Enjoy your car for what it is--YOURS!!

The Dart looks good along with the rest of the Mopars at the show.

Like others have said,don't get too hung up on judging at car shows.Most of the time the awards get handed out to friends or fellow club members of the judges.

Don't get all hyped up on winning trophys the best trophy you can get is the constant flow of folks saying nice car,great job you may not be able to hold them or show them off but the feeling you get is better than any trophy.Great looking car you should do fine at any show.Thanks for the photos good looking cars.

-
Back