Really EBay? No Thanks!

-

72DartGuy

Reaction score
This is more than I can do. I have been on eBay since 2004. I’ve bought and sold a lot of stuff there. Recently I started getting messages from them to update my account. Not updating my account would result in said account being restricted. Ok. Better update my account, right? Hell No! They want your date of birth, entire social security number, mother’s maiden name and Front And Back Pictures Of Your Drivers License! They want your whole identity. My wife doesn’t have a picture of my drivers license. Now I can’t sell anything on EBay. No problem buying things or paying for them. eBay literally wants my entire identity. You know what I say to that? Sounds a lot like Duck Stew!

This is more than I can do. I have been on eBay since 2004. I’ve bought and sold a lot of stuff there. Recently I started getting messages from them to update my account. Not updating my account would result in said account being restricted. Ok. Better update my account, right? Hell No! They want your date of birth, entire social security number, mother’s maiden name and Front And Back Pictures Of Your Drivers License! They want your whole identity. My wife doesn’t have a picture of my drivers license. Now I can’t sell anything on EBay. No problem buying things or paying for them. eBay literally wants my entire identity. You know what I say to that? Sounds a lot like Duck Stew!
Go to Google. Type in ebay. Click the ebay link. If it does not log you in, do so. Not at the top click "my ebay" and somewhere up there will be "messages." If the messages "you think you are getting" are not on that page, it is a scam, and not ebay. If you look closely at the email address and header, you can almost always tell it is not ebay

No, the messages are in my eBay page. I used to sell guitars and stuff on there. I was always past $600 in sales, but very little of that is profit. If they tax me on my sales it looks like I made a ton of money. In reality I just flip guitars. It sucks

Frankly this is nothing new. I'm pretty sure that in all/ any state that has sales tax, you are supposed to collect tax for anything you sell--even garage sales.

Egag has been OVER collecting on anything I buy (tax) for a long long time now

Frankly this is nothing new. I'm pretty sure that in all/ any state that has sales tax, you are supposed to collect tax for anything you sell--even garage sales.

Egag has been OVER collecting on anything I buy (tax) for a long long time now
That’s totally true. They do charge tax on anything you buy. That’s like the seller charging and paying tax, right? There are lots of times where the tax a guy paid for a guitar was more than the profit I made on it. We aren’t even talking about the 10% eBay charges you on each sale. I just think they are asking for way to much info. I’ve gotten credit cards with less info.

If you read the article it sounds like Ebay is complying with new banking and tax rules, nothing they can do

Just like pre pay at the pump. I don't like the idea of being made to use a charge card ( which I don't ) or going inside to prepay for my gas. I'm not a fan of direct deposit, on line banking, I don't buy on line or someone else doing my shopping, sorry but nobody is that busy. I worked 50-70 hours a week at my job for years and I did those things myself. Now, I understand that these features are good for the elderly and disabled. I don't have a laptop or a iPhone and I don't do social media. I do text folks but I prefer phone calls, talking to actual people.

-
Back