Really? Edelbrock/Holley

-

midnight340

Reaction score
THEY BOTH WORK JUST FINE, OK!!!
I am posting this for no other reason than I want Edelbrock owners to not be plagued by that pesky little thought that sometimes pops up in the dark back corners of your mind,

"...maybe I could gain just a teeny bit of power if I'd switch over and learn to tune a Holley?"

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_c2ae.jpg

See, it's just fine now. You can sleep better at night, and all is good with the world.
:rofl:

THEY BOTH WORK JUST FINE, OK!!!
I am posting this for no other reason than I want Edelbrock owners to not be plagued by that pesky little thought that sometimes pops up in the dark back corners of your mind,

"...maybe I could gain just a teeny bit of power if I'd switch over and learn to tune a Holley?"

View attachment 1715391779

See, it's just fine now. You can sleep better at night, and all is good with the world.
:rofl:
Yep. I'm feeling good right now. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Folks need to read the rest of those threads.
Just like Holley 4150/60 and Dominators (and all the new ones based on them), there are some Edelbrocks that need a bit of rework so all the parts work together.
When they don't have the right length booster, or there are restrictions where there shouldn't be, they don't work as well as they should. All fixable items. No worse than what you find in other popular carbs...

Thanks for that. Having run both I can say me and my Barracuda really like our 500 CFM AVS2 on the 273. My car has never run so well. It did take some new rods, springs and jets but only because if my
wideband. When I got it, it was undeniable!

I think the main performance differences we hear about tend to be because there's a ton of Holley info out there, and they tend to actually get tuned. Whereas, with the "bolt on and go" reputation of the Edelbrocks, even when they are not working as well as they should, they usually get very little attention beyond maybe a rod change, or at most some jets. There's more tuning you can do, but the info is pretty hard to find.

If I was racing for money I would definitely go with Holley, but for simplicity and reliability the Edelbrock is hard to beat.

I'll take a a Holley Street Demon for a reliable street carb. I don't race so I don't know how it will workd there. If you like thermoquads, you will like the Street Demon.

-
Back