Really like the pro touring look.

-

LovetheA's

Reaction score
I used to be really into factory correct restorations but over the last several years the pro touring look has really grown on me. I mean a classic mopar with a modern drivetrain and suspension the best of both worlds. I'm seriously considering buying a pro touring second gen barracuda or dart pro tourer. Let's see some members pro tourers. I would imagine they are a ton of fun to cruise in and run hard.

Heres mine. '71 Demon rolling on Bill Reilly AlterKation front Kmember and Street Lynx 4 Link, on QA-1 coilovers. Handles like a modern sports car :)

Stroker sb 4 speed Dart with 14" brakes, 18" wheels. Several track events under its belt. Runs 1:09 at Lime Rock on Michelin Super Sports first time there. Search youtube under "Bergman auto craft lime rock" for session video.

My un-ending PT project:

5.9 magnum w/ efi & aar style exhaust. Currently getting ready to waste more money on a tko600 swap.

I like my daily to handle almost like a newer car so I've been improving quite a few things on the car already to get there.

- Overdrive transmission
- 8-3/4" with 3.91 Suregrip
- Better disc brakes
- Hellwig front swaybar
- 1" JustSuspension Torsionbars
- Extra leafspring-blades.
- Lowered stance
- 17" Wheels and Michelin tires.

IMG_2868_zps99bee290.jpg

I just keep reading post, and finding photos on this forum about people, and there pro touring rides. I've asked a thousand questions, and 99.9% of the time we have a great reply in return. There's 100 kick *** cars up here. Some have big money in them, but budget rides aren't excluded. This is one of the coolest evolutions in hot rodding since forever.

Attachments

• Ford22.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 790
  • P1010029.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 728
  • P1010023.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 722
  • P1010024.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 778
  • P1010026.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 747
It don't cost so much to get the look. Throw big wheels with short tires under it.
It will ride like crap though. To get any ride quality with that look means spending big bucks on suspension upgrades.

Here is mine -was my drag car then switched it back to a street car with a little pro touring tossed in.

Attachments

• Moparetown2013 003.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 1,544
  • Moparetown2013 001.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 838
It don't cost so much to get the look. Throw big wheels with short tires under it.
It will ride like crap though. To get any ride quality with that look means spending big bucks on suspension upgrades.

Not really. I have a stock rebuilt suspension, the bigger wheels/tires make it ride 100x nicer than it did on the 14" ralleyes. The car no longer feels "tippy" when you go into a corner.

Nice cars.

Love the handling of a newer car and a fresh take on what you can transform them into.

Mop

Attachments

• KCI cruise 2013.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 743
here is my 67 dart. has 383 with alum heads, intake, water pump/housing. alum radiator and is tipping the scales at 3008lbs. has 17x11 rear wheels and 17x7 fronts. have upgraded stock suspension with .990 tortion bars. boxed lower control arms. rms tubular upper arms and strut rods. addco front sway bar and comp engineering tortion tube rear sway bar. wilwood 12.19 rear disks and 11.75 front c-body rotors with 4 piston wilwood calipers. car hooks hard on the street and im not afraid to hit a corner in it either.

Yes. Keep em coming. Just some sweet rides. I think pro touring is definitely on the rise. If I could find a nice second gen barracuda or dart pro touring stick car I would be all over it.

Carl

-
Back