Rear axle brake line toooo short???

-

northeastmopar

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Just tried to install the rear axle brake line set. The drivers side piece seemed to fit pretty good but when I layed the passenger side piece up over the 8/3/4" hump into the clip the arc of the line fit the arc of the rear end perfect. Only problem is that the line is about 2" short of treading into the vent block on the rear axle? Do you think the package was marked wrong and I got one for an 7 1/4" axle??? It is really way short but fits the pumpkin and back of the passenger wheel just fine??? I am puzzled??? Don't have the old one to match. Got them from Rite Stuff Products? They also sent me a mislabeled fuel line for a 111" car. My Demon is 108"?? Anybody else have these issues??

I have come across at least 2 different 8.75 A-body housings. The difference being where the factory put the vent. And its exactly as you describe; about 2 or 3 inches difference. I dont remember which years were where. It annoyed me too, cause the flex lines are different as well. Hang in there somebody will help you out soon.

I have come across at least 2 different 8.75 A-body housings. The difference being where the factory put the vent. And its exactly as you describe; about 4 inches difference. I dont remember which years were where.

This^^^.

Attachments

• Rear Diff Vent (3).jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 232
I had the same problem. The vent holes were in different places on certain years. I just threaded a bolt on to the old hole cut it flush and welded it up and then made a new hole where I needed it. Sorry for the run on sentence.

I had the same problem. The vent holes were in different places on certain years. I just threaded a bolt on to the old hole cut it flush and welded it up and then made a new hole where I needed it. Sorry for the run on sentence.

My car has the original rear end in it. But what I don't understand is that the rear end line set was bought as a set? So if the passenger side line was two inches too short, it would seem that the drivers side should have been two inches too long??? But it appeared to fit fine??

I have always used Fine Lines.Once I bought Right Stuff because they were at a show.My Fine Lines stuff has always fit perfect .I can't say that about the Right Stuff I bought!!!

LOL :happy1:

Funny. I just found and checked the package. It is marked for an 8 1/4" rear end. Seems somebody sent the wrong "right stuff"? I just ordered from fine lines. Hopefully they will ship Fine Lines stuff and it will be RIGHT????

SOoooo, i'm not the only one getting the wrong stuff!!!!!!!!!! 3 companies in a row WRONG for different cars though!!!! brakes lines, trans cooler lines... wow, glad that don't sell rebuilt engines!!!????? DUH!????????????????

SOoooo, i'm not the only one getting the wrong stuff!!!!!!!!!! 3 companies in a row WRONG for different cars though!!!! brakes lines, trans cooler lines... wow, glad that don't sell rebuilt engines!!!????? DUH!????????????????

I ordered my tranny lines from fine lines. Hope they come through right. These people who do the internet orders seem to only know part numbers. If a part number came up on their screen as a cow, they will tell you it is a Mopar Part?

I have the same issue...ordered rear end lines and flex line for a 69 and looks like i have the later 8.75. Guess I'll plug and drill a new hole.

I have the later and received the early lines. I had some stainless line so pieced a flared end section in..

I've ordered from Inlinetube for two different cars. My dart and my sons camaro were both wrong, meaning the shape if the new lines were nowhere near the same shape as the original on the camaro and I had the same problem with the rear lines as the OP.

-
Back