Rear axle upgrade from SBP to BBP

-

rrvolare

19Swinger69
Reaction score
Guys and Gals ...

I just received my new MOSER 5 X 4.5 axles ... i will be removing the existing MOSER SBP axles and posting them for sale on this site ... as well as compete loaded rear backing plates ( powder coated ) and drums ...
My question is ... has anybody Upgraded to BBP in rear with MOSER axles and what 15 inch STEEL wheel back space fit ( 15X7 ).. I am hoping to fit a drag radial 15 by 9-10 inches wide ...
I will also be sellling 4 ( like new tires ) , 215/70/14 frts and 255/60/15 rears and 4 wheels SBP... Fronts are 14 X 5.5 sbp and rears are 15 X 7 sbp ( Built by Stockton )... all painted T5... THanks

With a 15x7 somewhere in the 4.5" back spacing, but I would measure, BBP widens the rear track and the front for that matter if using 73-up disc stuff.

Good luck finding off the shelf wheels. I abandoned 15" wheels and went custom 17" so I could get better tires and handling for around the same price.

Stockton will make my back wheels with no issues ..... the front is GERST suspension ... no widening of track in front ... thanks

Just went thru this on my '69 Dart. Assuming this is an 8.75" rear end, with 7" wheels you'll need EDIT: 4 3/4" R.S., with 8" wheels you'll need EDIT: 5 3/8" R.S. Of course every car is slightly different. EDIT: I mis-remembered my actual dimensions. I just looked at the invoice. Sorry!

Last edited:
Just went thru this on my '69 Dart. Assuming this is an 8.75" rear end, with 7" wheels you'll need 4 3/8" R.S., with 8" wheels you'll need 4 7/8" R.S. Of course every car is slightly different.
RS = rear space ?..
Would you happen to have photos of what your vehicle looks like with steelies ? Thanks for good info

RS = rear space ?..
Would you happen to have photos of what your vehicle looks like with steelies ? Thanks for good info

R.S. , B.S., same thing.

No pics with steel wheels except for the 14" skinnies it came with. I don't think I have those online any more.

I had the present 5 spoke aluminum wheels made by Team III (E/T). I am using 15x7 all around with 225/60-15 tires all around. Also had 2 15x8 made and put 235/60-15 drag radials on them, which as far as I can tell is the biggest tire/wheel that will fit on the back of my car without modifying something else.

See above for IMPORTANT EDIT!
Here is a pic of my car now with 225/60-15 redlines and 4.50" BC 15x7 (4.75" R.S.) Team III wheels:
2017_05_26_Torrington_016-vi.jpg

I have the moser lbp axles with big car brake drums in our dart. Running a 225/60-15 tire in a 15x7 rim that has a 4.5" backspace. If I did it again I'd go 4.75 backspace. Not sure if your tire size will allow 4.75 backspace or not though.

DSC_0092.jpg

abodyjoe - what is the back space on the front rims in your picture?

All 4 rims are the same. 15x7 with 4.5" backspace. Like I said if I did it over again I'd go 4.75 backspace. All 4 tires ste 225/60-15

Abody Joe, do you think it would fit with a 5 inch back spacing?
Or would anspring relocation be in order?

Whoa! That's close! 5.72 BS? WOW, had no idea they get that deep. Dang. Thanks!

Whoa! That's close! 5.72 BS? WOW, had no idea they get that deep. Dang. Thanks!

they were the front wheel/tires for my yellow dart. figured i'd try them on jamies stock 69 for the hell of it at the time..

they had a small and stiff sidewall so they may have been ok.. not sure though..

A body Joe........ what size wheel did you use for 5.72 back spacing ?... thanks

17x8... my car had an alter-k up front though so you would have to measure and see if they would fit with a stock suspension.

-
Back