rear brake drums

-

lilhows340

Reaction score
Having another issue with my 72 demon340 build. Rear brake drums are 10x1 3/4 x4" bolt pattern. Can't seem to find replacements. Supposed to be original 8 3/4.

I've checked that part # no longer available. Everything that crosses or says its right gets in and its wrong. I'm lost.

I have a used pair that are on the back of my car now. I'm changing to a 4.5 bolt pattern rear axle.

Theres a guy in Ney york by the name of studnick. I,ve talked with the guy and he does like to talk but also knows his stuff. He should be able to get you all new hard ware. PM me if you want and when i get home i can give you his address and phone #. His prices are reasonable.

Everyone I have ordered the drums from says they have them and when they get in they are wrong. Centric showed no longer available. I explained this to Rockauto he said he will have them measured and call me back. I can't believe no one else has had this problem Carquest have gotten me pads all hardware but drums no longer available. May have to go with bobs as long as the can be turned as mine cannot.
Thanks for the input.
Jeff

Try this guy. Been in brake buisness for over 30 years. Covers from 1941 to 1970.
Mobile Parts
Craig Studnick 516 485 1935

Even thow he advertises to 70 the guys been around for along time. May be able to help.

I should be able to come up with some used ones if you choose to go that route.
Thanks, Mark

Post in the BRAKE forum of this website and you can also search that forum for info. on 8 3/4 10 x 1 3/4 rear brake drum sources/availability.

These are available new, but try the BRAKE forum for info.

I also tried to get these a couple years ago,but none to be had.This was in the Toronto area(Canada).I ended up swapping to 10x2 1/2 for more availability.

hey talk to rockauto spoke with Anderw he had emailed warehouse to measure drums to make sure they were right they measured the bolt diameter instead of bolt pattern. He agreed to split return shipping if they were wrong so I ordered. they were in my possession in 6 days and they are the correct drums. So if anyone needs them they should only have 6 left no longer available.
thanks for input
Jeff

-
Back