Rear Bumper Bracket Gaskets

-

APK

Reaction score
On my 1972 Dodge Dart Swinger, removed the rear chrome bumper today to have a dent repaired during the winter. The chrome bumper is held by a 2 brackets which are mounted with 6 bolts to the body of the car. Between the brackets were black paper like gaskets for each bolt hole. Does anyone know where I could find replacement for these paper gaskets?

On my 1972 Dodge Dart Swinger, removed the rear chrome bumper today to have a dent repaired during the winter. The chrome bumper is held by a 2 brackets which are mounted with 6 bolts to the body of the car. Between the brackets were black paper like gaskets for each bolt hole. Does anyone know where I could find replacement for these paper gaskets?
make them out of very thin foam rubber, like used in shipping wrapping. that`s what 68 barracudas had for the gaskets.

Thanks for asking the question, I was wondering the same thing with the exception that mine were made from a thin white foam. I could probably make them from some foam since there not ever seen but would buy them if I was buying other gaskets from the same vendor.

IMG_3569_zpsc4qlcrva.jpg

Thanks for asking the question, I was wondering the same thing with the exception that mine were made from a thin white foam. I could probably make them from some foam since there not ever seen but would buy them if I was buying other gaskets from the same vendor.

View attachment 1714989422
thin white foam is what I meant, don`t know why I typed rubber. nothing to making them. I wouldn't waste my time trying to buy them .

I have 6 of the white foam ones from DMT. As far as I could tell they were not used originally on my '75. So, I did not use them. They are yours if you PM me where to send them.

Thanks for the offer zkx14, but I contacted DMT and he is sending me some. I will let you offer them to someone else that needs them.

DTM is a great company to deal with. Needed new taillight seals and ended up buying their A-Body paint kit and very glad I did. Very pleased with their product and service.

I would have volunteered my left over bumper seals as well, but someone else had done so before. At the same time, glad to see you support the vendor.

-
Back