rear bumper question

-
I have been tempted to try. The indentations for the rear bumper in the quarters of all 63-66 Darts are for the contour of the 63-65 bumpers.
The 66 bumpers are shaped more like the 67's and allways are mismatched.
Where would you put the back-up lights? 66 is the only year they are in the bumper. I wish someone close had a early bumper to try. toolmanmike

I would eliminate the backup lights. The car wont see much street time. I know where I can get a rear 64 bumper for cheap thats straighter than mine, but I don't want to waste my money.

The only difference in the rear of the 66 to my 65, which I believe to be the same as the 64, is that the lower valance pan is not on the 66...which you'll see with the 64 bumper. The license plate mount is on the rear valance on the 65. Otherwise mounting is the same.

I'm just wondering if a bumper from a 64/65 would look cleaner on my 66. I really like the back end of the 65 with the smaller bumper. I guess I would need the bumper and valance then right?

You would need the valance to fill in below the bumper. i'll hang the 65 bumper on the 66 and take a pic for you..probably tomorrow...

Looking forward to seeing that combo! toolmanmike

Sorry I didn't get to that pic yet, the weekend was pretty busy with grandkids..I'll bring the camera home tonight, but I think the 63 stuff should work. There's a 63 sittin' by my shop I see if i can get a look at it.

mopowers said:
I'm just wondering if a bumper from a 64/65 would look cleaner on my 66. I really like the back end of the 65 with the smaller bumper. I guess I would need the bumper and valance then right?

Her are those pics I promised...the red one is a 66 without the valance, the black one is a 63/4, the white is a 65. As you can see on the white one the valance is spot welded on. I personally drill the spot weld, body guys correct me if there's a better way.
Your 66 will look the same as the 3/4 with different taillights.

-
Back