Rear end change

-

slowdown

Reaction score
I'm planning on a rear end swap this winter an was wondering if a 4 link was worth doing. I've read the old hemi darts were running in the 10's some where with ss springs. I dont need to run 10s but I had a fella ask me if I planned on a 4 link when I swapped out my old rear end. He seemed to believe this is the way to go. I do have the ss springs an a 8.25 with 3:55 gears under it at the moment. It's not a race car but I do plan a trip to bandimere some day. I won't be driving my car there, I'm planning on running 4:10 or even 4:30s I only romp around town in it no hwy driving. Thanks.

The adjustability factor makes it worthwhile especially if you are having issues making it hook. Until you run the SS springs with slicks you don't really know what you have. I don't know your history in that regard.

You don't need a 4 link for your intended purpose, heck, you probably don't need super stock springs! Most racers I know don't have a 4 link and do just fine without them! Spend your money wisely grasshopper, don't buy on someone else's recommendation, build your car for what you want to do!! For around town, 4-10's are OK, but they are on the low side for any other street driving!

I have SS springs and 4.10 gears, its a blast around town, traction is an issue but im just on street tires. The 4 link isn't needed for what you are doing I don't think.

4-links are nice but not needed in your case for comparison i run h.d. springs with nothing more then a pinion snubber cheap drag shocks and with 3.91's have been 11.02@ 121 when the 416 was in it..

4links are not needed in Mopars. For street: xhd springs, good shocks and pinion snubber. For track or hipo street: Super stock springs, good shocks and pinion snubber set at 1" or 1.5". Cal-tracs if you can't use a snubber. Good shocks are a MUST. Our '66 Cuda runs 10.69 sec @ 123+ mph with S.S. Springs and snubber with no traction issues.

You don't need a 4 link for your intended purpose, heck, you probably don't need super stock springs! Most racers I know don't have a 4 link and do just fine without them! Spend your money wisely grasshopper, don't buy on someone else's recommendation, build your car for what you want to do!! For around town, 4-10's are OK, but they are on the low side for any other street driving!

What he said!

But if you like you can install it in my S...................heehee

-
Back