rear end drums

-

timmy.1953

timmy.1953
Reaction score
i have a 1970 dart swinger that i bought several years back so far ive rebuilt the engine and front suspension ,now i went to rear end to rebuild new axles and seals bearings now this car has 10" rear brakes and drums which id like to replace but im fairly sure it didnt come with 10" drums and help in finding drums would be very helpful oh and the rear end is 8 3/4 thanks Timmy

why would you think it didn't come with 10 inch drums? If it's a V8 car it came with 10 inch drums.

i have a 1970 dart swinger that i bought several years back so far ive rebuilt the engine and front suspension ,now i went to rear end to rebuild new axles and seals bearings now this car has 10" rear brakes and drums which id like to replace but im fairly sure it didnt come with 10" drums and help in finding drums would be very helpful oh and the rear end is 8 3/4 thanks Timmy

You say you've replaced the axles???? If you replaced them with big bolt pattern (4.5 BC), I think the drums are going to be a different width?(....B-Body perhaps?)

Yup, need way more info. Are your axles SBP or BBP? Stock or aftermarket? Are they the Mosers they have the 5x4.5” pattern but the SBP axle flange offset?

We need to know some things so we know if you need 10x1.75” drums, or 10x2.5” drums, or 10x1.75” drums re-drilled for the 5x4.5” bolt pattern. Or even if your current backing plates will work with your new axles.

-
Back