rear end questions

-

scampy72

Reaction score
hey all i have a 7 1/4 rear in my scamp with a /6 and one of the lug studs broke off the other day. i need to know if the studs are "staked" in or if i can just knock them out. drum brakes btw.
as always any help is appreciated.

thanks
-marc

You can just knock it out. If it's the driver side, it may be left hand thread.....

thanks, also i forgot, with the drum cover is there a special way of getting it off or do you just tp it off with a hammer or such?

should just be able to hammer or pull it off. may need some hammering if the brakes are up against it, or you might be able to back them off if there is an adjuster.

ok guys got the drums off and can see that the studs are not staked but i cant seem to get them out. i tried the way if the hammer, no luck i also tried to press them out with a clamp but to no avail. i thought that maybe its just cause theyre a bit rusty so i sprayed a bunch of wd 40 on there and ill see if that did any thing in the morning. oterwise anyone have any suggestions as to getting them out? any hints at all. i need this car to be on the roadcause its my DD andright now im borrowing my parents cars. im willing to try about anything as long as it doesnt involve torches or grinding.

thanks again
-marc

hey all i have a 7 1/4 rear in my scamp with a /6 and one of the lug studs broke off the other day. i need to know if the studs are "staked" in or if i can just knock them out. drum brakes btw.
as always any help is appreciated.

thanks
-marc

Is that your car in the avatar, because thats pretty a car, I love the color.

thanks for the info.

not my car in the avatar, its a friends. i dont have any good pics of mine yet.

Wail on the stud with a BFH and if you can get some PB Blaster, it will work much better than the WD-40.

If you have access to an air chisel, that should rattle it loose too.

-
Back