-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Goetz

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I am looking for replacement rear glass for my 66 Barracuda. Current glass is not tinted so I would prefer to match that clear glass. Located in Southern CA. Looking for something on the West Coast if at all possible, anyone know "a guy" that might have one?

Not a huge parts guys, first time looking for something this unique.

Cheers!!

I could be mistaken but thought all those 64-6 Barracuda rear glass was tinted since they let so much sunlight in. The 3 that I had (and gave away) were all tinted

Last edited:
64-66 is the same. Man I have three of them here in PA! Tinted

Last edited:
I could be mistaken but thought all those 64-6 Barracuda rear glass was tinted since the let so much sunlight in. The 3 that I had (and gave away) were all tinted
Same here. According to the FPM only one window listed for the Barracuda, part number is 2484 573 tinted.
PS: I do have one here in Florida

I have one in CT that is not tinted. Clear glass. Maybe a replacement aftermarket if that was such a thing.
Yes 64-66 are the same. Don’t believe the hype. They are not that valuable and worth $500.00. If you find the right MoPar guy near you (don’t ship) they have a few and worth like $100-$125
Syleng1

I have one in San Jose I’m selling for $300. I may be going to fall fling in a few weeks also and could bring it.

The factory tint is not very dark at all and some people will think they are actually clear….they were ALL lightly tinted 1964-1966. If the factory tint isn’t dark enough you will need to tint it darker. Sometimes the glass can be tough to find but it’s not rare at all, at least up here in Minnesota.

198D1630-CCCE-4164-A655-DE3CBE0D8BAF.jpeg

I was offered 5 of those windows for free, just pick them up. I passed, as I already had 3.

At one time I saw a 65 sitting out by the road, all clapped out and just out of the barn. I asked how much…$4500. I asked him why so much and he answered that the back window alone was worth $1500. So I offered him full price, 3 windows for the car….he declined. Even he didn’t believe his own bullshit.

I typically sell them for $50

Go to Fall Fling and maybe you will find one. There are lots of members in your area and one above has a back glass! @65barracudaLA might know of one. They are all tinted, but not in the sense of todays type tint. I have one spare for my car, thanks to @65 Dartman !! Good luck in your search, and welcome to FABO.

:thumbsup:

They are out there, keep asking around your area. Maybe I can donate mine to 66340sedan‘s collection

They're pretty strong. In that Charlie Sheen movie The Wraith they flip a 66 and the back window pops out intact. It only breaks after hitting the ground iirc

I could be mistaken but thought all those 64-6 Barracuda rear glass was tinted since they let so much sunlight in. The 3 that I had (and gave away) were all tinted
Huge thanks to everyone in this thread, I will reach out to several of you individually to chat.

With regards to the tinting, there is a very good chance that what I understood to be not tinted might actually be tinted. The glass itself has a slight green tint to it, not the traditional "dark" tint I think of. So my apologies there. :) Here are some images of what the current rear glass. (minus the crack :( )

rear1.png

2023-10-06 17_34_23-1966-plymouth-barracuda (11).jfif ‎- Photos.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back