rear glass removal

-

Dartnewbie

Former Dart owner
Reaction score
While working on my headliner I decided I needed to remove my back glass. I removed the locking strip and loosened the gasket around the frame. When I went to remove the glass I realized I needed another person to push the gasket away from the glass while I pushed from the inside. Well I was by myself so that was a problem. So I had some strips of sheet metal and I put a 90 degree bend about 1/2 inch high along the long side of the strips. I then put the strips between the glass edge and the gasket holding the gasket lip even with the glass edge. Once the strips were in place, I could push on the corner of the glass while pushing the corner of the gasket out of the way. Once the corner was free, the metal strips allowed the glass to clear the gasket and it popped out of the gasket fairly easily. I thought I would share this if someone needs to remove glass with a locking strip gasket and you don't have a second person to help. I'm sure the same method could be used for the windshield as well.

-
Back