rear leaf spring support

-

MI_Mopar

Reaction score
so i just bought a 73 dart and both of these are close to complete rot out and will need replaced. my question is can you buy these if so where? and secondly, can you bolt them back to the frame or will they need to be welded back? im sure many others have come into this problem. thanks.

so i just bought a 73 dart and both of these are close to complete rot out and will need replaced. my question is can you buy these if so where? and secondly, can you bolt them back to the frame or will they need to be welded back? im sure many others have come into this problem. thanks.

What part exactly are you referring to? Whatever it is, it will need to be welded back in since the springs support the weight of the car.

Try Auto Rust Technicians. http://www.autorust.com/

its the rear spring mount maybe? . ill take a pic and repost this later if no one knows what im reffering to.

Is the frame rail rotted or just the box that the spring shackle mount attaches.

I have the mounts cut out at the spot welds. Pretty easy fix.

Also have complete frame rails available for less money than the Auto rust sectional stuff if you need those.

Do you sell the spring box / frame rail mounts? If so do they weld in over existing frame rail and spring box?

You can cut out the old rear mounts at the spot welds and weld these back in. They are the old school original factory metal from cars I part out.

could u possibly post up a pic to show me exactly what your talking about b4 i jump right in and buy it of ya? thanks.

Here you go.

73DusterJC073.jpg

73DusterJC074.jpg

73DusterJC075.jpg

Yes that's the back half of a Duster flipped over!

dang man, no wounder you go by cracked back. but oh is that the way to go. i've done that whole replacement just like that 4 or 5 times. dang.

-
Back