rear leafs and shackles

-

xfakturx

Reaction score
This scamp that I just picked up has some long shackles that hang down quite far and the leaf spring is still arched but right near the shackle it bends backwars and back toward the ground, I would really like to either replace the leafs or replace both if the shackles are going to make it sit up to high in the rear. Anyone seen this before or have any recommendations for new leafs?

Sounds like someone did the old long shackle trick to get the back up for whatever reason.

Personally I would replace the springs and shackles with new and correct parts.

Ok, I would still like to have the back sit up slightly, where can I find stocklike shackles and leafs that will let it set up a bit in back?

Ok, I would still like to have the back sit up slightly, where can I find stocklike shackles and leafs that will let it set up a bit in back?

You can get the shackles at most auto part store…….

Leaf Spring Shackle Assy - Rear Susp
Product Line: * NAPA Chassis Parts

Part Number:

NCP*2741153

Price:

Price
Unit
*:*
*:*
Each

Features & Benefits

Designed To Match O.E. Fit, Form & Function.; Manufactured From High Strength Steel And Other Materials That Are Resistant To Harsh Environmental Conditions.; Leaf Spring Shackle Replacement Ensures Smooth Spring Operation & Improves Suspension Handling.

Warranty

Limited Lifetime-See Manufacturers Written Policy
Warranty PDF

Attributes

Bolt Diameter*:*.5"
Dimension A*:*2.75"
Dimension B*:*2.75"
Dimension C*:*3.5"
Dimension D*:*.855"
Dimension E*:*.855"

Some XHD springs will give you a little lift over stock.

Thank you, I guess I should have known napa would have shackles, first older car so it just slipped my mind.

-
Back