rear quarter window SEALS

-

Ryan426_

Reaction score
does anyone know who makes the repo rear quarter window seals for 70-72 dusters for companies like yearone.. im just trying to cut out the middle man and purchase them straight from the manufacture to try and save some money thanks, ryan

Got mine from Steele Rubber Products.

Weatherstrip, rear quarter window popout. Fully molded replacement. Replaces #2965640-1. Used on Dodge Dart Sport, Dodge Demon, and Plymouth Duster with popout rear quarter windows.

70-2426-76.....$ 118.40/pr.

how about the commonly cracked weatherstrip on the qtr glass...anyone repoping that???

Steele and others have the rubber wstrip. No one pops the vertical strip inside the leading edge. It's an odd shaped flocked plastic piece that acts as a seal and is part of the hinge system. You can find NOS pieces through CollectorsAutoSupply.com . A lot of their stuff comes from other collectors (on consignment) so they won't necessarily be sitting on their shelves. Consequently these pieces are ridiculously spendy. The part numbers are 2965 638-9 (there is a right and left).

And don't confuse "vertical qtr. window seals" listed for abodies with the rear pop-out. They're referring to the wing windows on the doors of sedans.

Here's an old one:

2965 638-9  '70 Duster Qtr Window vertical seal close-up.jpg

I realize this is an old thread but I need the veritcal strip for my rear quarter window on my 1974 Duster.

If you look at the 2010 Legendary Catalog 1st addition page 129 you will notice rear quarter window seals. Here is what is stated "Rubber seals install into the chrome tracks located on the front edge of the quarter windows".

Are these the same things that are being discussed in the previous response? Kind of sounds like it to me.

-
Back