Rear seat interchange?

-

72ScampTramp

Scamp Tramp
Reaction score
I'm looking for a rear seat for my Scamp... It is 2dr... My question is i have located one from a 4 door.. Do the 4 door seats fit a 2dr?

Moving this to the General thread. I got a line one local which doesnt happen very often and I need one.

I believe the rear seat bottom on four door cars are different than those in two doors. If I remember right the seat bottom corners are alot more rounded to ease the entry into the rear. It will probably fit no problem but might look kinda goofy.

I believe the rear seat bottom on four door cars are different than those in two doors. If I remember right the seat bottom corners are alot more rounded to ease the entry into the rear. It will probably fit no problem but might look kinda goofy.

Yeah I know its shaped different in front. But a 2 door car you wont notice much. Just need to know if they fit?

Been there tried that didn't work. But what did work was taking the really nice seat covers off the 4DR frames and putting them on my 2Dr seat frames. Took them to an upholstery shop and they added a bit of material on each side of the seat bottom. Looks great....There is a picture of the seats in my photo gallery.

The 4Dr seats are not only a different shape but they are taller too. They would not bolt in properly.

Hope that helps

Brent

Been there tried that didn't work. But what did work was taking the really nice seat covers off the 4DR frames and putting them on my 2Dr seat frames. Took them to an upholstery shop and they added a bit of material on each side of the seat bottom. Looks great....There is a picture of the seats in my photo gallery.

The 4Dr seats are not only a different shape but they are taller too. They would not bolt in properly.

Hope that helps

Brent

I just looked at your car. Its a duster arent the seats from Dart to Duster different anyways?

-
Back