rear shock on Dart to short? (large pic)

-

Buschi340

Reaction score
Months ago I swaped the worn rear shocks (Hi Jacker from the former owner) with a pair gas shocks I got from a friend. His car is a 69 Coronet but I dont know if he used them on his car. Now (!) a guy ( :) ) asked why the car is so flat on the back. Is it possible that the shocks are simply to short? I changed them without any measurements and the leaf springs seems to be ok (very stiff). And if its so - what can I do?

6.jpg

Michael

ya its possible but coronet shocks are longer than A body shocks by about 3 inches
I just jacked my car up to measure and by jacking the frame so the wheel hangs my shocks are 24 inches long still connected

mini-shox2.JPG

mini-shox1.JPG

unhook the shocks and see what happens. The only way the shocks could cause this is if they were completely extended and still holding the car down. Were the Hi jackers air shocks? Or did they have a helper spring on them?

If old shocks were air shocks or had an extra coil spring on them, then your rear leaf springs are likely worn out and need replacing. Take some pics of the rear spring from the side (with the wheel removed and the front and rearspring mounts and I can give you a better idea of what is going on.

hi jackers are air shocks and were propably pumped up to give the rear some hight.. you took them off and the car dropped... your problem is the springs are beat.....

-
Back