Rear spring mounting position?

-

tweety

Reaction score
Hi guys it's been a long time since I've been on here, hope that you are all well?
Listen I'm putting the yellow barracuda after a long time and I've lost the paper with all of the measurements showing the actual spring position from the gearbox cross member?
I tacked it all back together to get it on the lift.
Three issues to consider.
1. I'm using the MP spring relocation kit , as I finally got around to moving the springs in 3" to get some big drag radials (30" tall) on the car.
2.I have Calverts split monoleafs on there, which are B body length, so +2 over the A body spring.
3.I'm welding in my own 2x3 11 gauge steel frame connectors in and these fit to the end of the spring box.
I have the new Strange Dana under there and it all looks like it will fit and I want to get the old thing back on it's wheels so I can roll it around.
Any thoughts??

I just did a similar mod. I would bolt on the old front hangers and use the old holes as a reference point. You can also check the measurement from your new holes in the boxes to the torsion bar mounts side to side although I can't say how accurate that is. You might want to move the axle back to get clearance on the front side of the tire. I moved it 3/4" but some people move it further although I am only running small 275/60/15s which are 28 inches tall IIRC. Make sure and put extra holes in the box so you can lower the car if needed.

-
Back