rear springs need help..

-

rigrunner

rigrunner
Reaction score
i have a 73 4door valiant factory v8. the rear springs are sagging badly and ive put longer shackles to help. would it be best to replace new or could i just get them re arched? money kinda tight too.. also should this be done before the front end rebuild after or nomatter. thanks. overwhelmed between body work and all the machanical stuff

Hey rigrunner, I took my springs from my cuda in to a local spring shop and had them re-arched, with new bushings on the front...$100 bucks all in. I did this before for my coronet and left the car with them, this was years ago, I think they charged somewhere around $150 and it brought up the arse end approx 1-1 1/2". Money well spent. No idea about the front end first or not, but I cant see how it would make a difference.

thanks gonna call around to see if someone local does this. how do you know how muh to rearch?

You need the *** end sitting at the correct height before you have the front end realigned or your caster will be off when you do get the rear ride height corrected.

anything i need to know before removing the springs? ive had the rear loose when i put the shackles in but thats it. i found a place that wants bout 300 if i take them the car and 120 or so if i take just the springs. think ill do it myself save the cash for sumn else. also is there anything i need to know about reinstalling thanks

-
Back