rear suspension upgrade !

-
003 has more arch than 002. So if you want the car to sit level you can get 2 003 springs. Otherwise your car will lean to the right for the weight transfer when you launch

I disagree, I don't remember seeing any difference in arch. The 002 (right spring) has a beefier front segment. The arch was the same between the two. My car sits dead level.

Anyone know where to purchase the larger 5/8 size bolts for the front mounts? Size of bolt etc..?

Anyone know where to purchase the larger 5/8 size bolts for the front mounts? Size of bolt etc..?

Your local parts store should have it, that's where i'm going. 5/8 bolt, pick your thread and nut. Just have to measure for bolt length.

I just used Polyurethane bushings and side-stepped the whole bolt/size issue completely. I used two right side springs in my car. It's sky high at the moment but no wheel hop at all.

I disagree, I don't remember seeing any difference in arch. The 002 (right spring) has a beefier front segment. The arch was the same between the two. My car sits dead level.

The car is suppose to be higher on the right side,and not level.
Not trying to discourage you, but that is how the SS springs are designed.

That's not discouraging me, i'm just saying my car sits level ! All shocks are good, shackles move freely. Not the first car I've seen that sits level with s/s springs. The only difference between the 2 is the beefed up front segment on the 002 spring. Maybe that's the difference between a quality set directly from MOPAR and aftermarket springs ? I don't know, but it sits level and rides pretty good ! My buddy has s/s springs on 5 of his cars (A/B/E bodies) and all sit level ....

Well Im finally heading out to the garage today to put the SS springs on. Found the larger 5/8" bolts and a right angle drill, and a pair of pinion shims. Looks like its gonna be a beautiful day here at the beach with a heat index of 108. Perfect! Time to get crackin.

Well Im finally heading out to the garage today to put the SS springs on. Found the larger 5/8" bolts and a right angle drill, and a pair of pinion shims. Looks like its gonna be a beautiful day here at the beach with a heat index of 108. Perfect! Time to get crackin.

Forget those springs, you need to be in the water ! I just realized you are in VA beach, have we meet ?

Small world. how funny. I never noticed you were from the beach either. I have never seen your car around town because I would have definitely noticed it. I don't think I have seen another Dart around here before. I hit up Jenros cruise ins on occasion and Tidewater Mopar Club events now and then. Maybe we can pick a Saturday and meet up at Jenros and compare notes?

I've been a member of TMC for a few years now. Used to hang out at jenros a lot when I had my '65 coronet. Only been there a few times with the dart. We will definitely have to meet up sometime.

Wrapped things up today and went for a test ride. I still get a ton of wheel hop from the passengers side!!!!! WTF! When you changed yours out it stopped all the wheel hop and you could lay a nice smooth patch on the road? Those springs are bouncy also. Im about at my wits end. Well, I will sure keep an eye out for your Dart.

Hmm when I installed my ss 002/003 springs I was told to adjust the tortion bars to adjust the rear height to level it so that plants the right rear tire for better traction. Is this not correct?

Hmm when I installed my ss 002/003 springs I was told to adjust the tortion bars to adjust the rear height to level it so that plants the right rear tire for better traction. Is this not correct?

not sure about that. My car was level with factory springs, and with no adjustment is still level with S/S springs ! ... Is this an old school trick ? Maybe the newer springs are different ? I don't know, but I do know that mine is level. Never been told to adjust torsion bars to compensate for uneven rear springs ! Torsion bars are for front end ride, I don't think they should be adjusted to fix rear end issues. Unless maybe for an all out race application, but that's just my opinion !

That's how I was told to set mine up from the guy I bought them from and I got the car to sit about .25 of an inch. Think about the twisting motion of your car and torsion bars are a form of spring. You increase the tension in one corner it twists the car a bit. At least that how it was explained to me.

The SS springs are gonna raise the rear so you want to bring the torsion bars up some as well so you dont have a massive rake from rear to front.

-
Back