Rear upper shock mount?

-

wazoo64

Reaction score
Currently have 11/16 stud and need to change to 5/8 for new air ride shocks. Can someone tell me the procedure for removing the upper shock mount stud? I think it is held in with a locking nut inside trunk but just want to make sure.
If you have any pictures that would help.

I think mine was just a regular nut in the trunk. Can tap it out from the trunk or pull it out with the old shock if it's still attached, that happened to me on one side when I replaced my shocks. Sorry, don't have any pics for you though.

There is special mounting hardware and studs for coil over and airshocks. It moves the shocks away from the tank.Thes are used because of the larger diameter. I have them if interested. Steve

Can you post a pic of those, and where did you get them? I would like to put coil overs on my car but they wouldn't fit due to the tank interference.

Recommend doing what? Changing the studs to 5/8? I have had air bags for 4 years. They work well when they are working and all the stars align.

Thought you said air-shocks.

The general consensus is that air-shocks are not a good idea due to them putting stress, and ripping out the upper shock bolts.

-
Back