Rear Window Trim Clips

-

mopowers

Reaction score
I've got two questions on these trim clips for my '66 Dart GT.

1. What type of sealer do you guys use on the screws for these clips? I think they were coated in some type of wax from the factory. Will a urethane seam sealer work?
2. What trim besides the rear window used these clips? I'm counting 19 holes for the rear window, but I seem to have 26 clips. Are these anywhere else on a '66 Dart GT? It's been a while.

1682177733184.png

The did use bees wax If I remember correctly. Same with the wheel opening mld. screws.

The did use bees wax If I remember correctly. Same with the wheel opening mld. screws.
Thanks Mike. Do you think a dab of RTV or seam sealer would work well?

Also, any idea where else these clips would be used on a 66 GT? For some reason, I've got more than I need and I'm wondering where they would've been used. I know there were a ton of trim on these things. I've done away with the vast majority of it on mine.

Where did you get those? Mine were mostly rusted and unuseable.
They're actually the original clips. They're usable now that they're all cleaned up. Here's the before picture below. I have found several sources for new ones though. DMT sells them new with the screws. I think Classic Industries and Restoration Specialties has them as well.

1682187119339.png

Thanks for the information. Mine were rusted literally to pieces. You did really nice job cleaning them up. Little things like this can really hold you up when you are. reassembling a car. I’m trying get ahead of that by ordering some hard-to-find parts in advance. Literally couldn’t do it without FABO members. Would have given up a long time ago otherwise. Thanks again.

I recently assembled a 66 GT. I used a dab small of black RTV on all screws on trim screws. Or any fastener. I think the only place those clips are used is the rear window trim.... On a Dart. Valiant might be used on front as well.....I do not know...

I recently assembled a 66 GT. I used a dab small of black RTV on all screws on trim screws. Or any fastener. I think the only place those clips are used is the rear window trim.... On a Dart. Valiant might be used on front as well.....I do not know...
Thank you. I wouldn't be surprised if they're used elsewhere considering I've got more than what's used on the rear window trim.

Thank you. I wouldn't be surprised if they're used elsewhere considering I've got more than what's used on the rear window trim.
You must have some of mine!! I was short!!! They were only used on rear window...... Just assembled a complete car from bare metal with nothing on it.

-
Back