rears

-
A bunch of em... No rhyme or reason to what they put them in.. I'm not sure if they put them in /6 cars though.. But they did put 7 1/4 in V-8 cars..

i have a 71 dart swinger original /6 now a 340 just trying to work my way throught the drivetrain, i guess i will just have to keep looking around at junkyards thanks though

im in des moines and my parents house is in fort madison i just bought a house with a garage not a lot of garage options in apartments

Oh... Your a long ways from me... I have an extra 8 1/4 .... Keep looking they are a lot out there. Check all a - bodies don't overlook the 4 doors...Good luck..

is this a 8 1/4? if it is how do i measure to see if it fits in my 71 swinger?how do i tell what gears i have in it also? sleeper scamp i did look my car does have a 7 1/4. thanks in advance guys. oh yea the other picture is my 8 1/2 month old daughter behind the wheel of the dart for the first time she loved the sound just like daddy does.

DSCN03430001.JPG

DSCN03440001.JPG

DSCN03450001.JPG

DSCN03560001.JPG

DSCN03570001.JPG

DSCN0001_80001.JPG

Yes on the 8 1/4.... What did it come out of ???? The ratio could be stamped on the ring gear.. If not you will have to count the teeth and do some math...Oh yeah love the pic... :headbang:

i dont know what it came out of we got it from a guy who had a junkyard back when i first got my car and i had no idea what it was at the time and i visited my parent for mothers day this weekend and my dad said there was one laying back there so i checked it out and i think from flange to flange it was 51 1/2 inches i think

and sleeper scamp you have been a big help to me i appreciate this im not the best mechanic by any stretch of the imagination but it nice knowing i can come here and get honest help when i need it thanks.

Glad I could help...Most of the time you can just search around on here a little and find the info you need.. Like the diagrams I posted I first found them on here... BTW Nice looking car interesting dash (instrument cluster) not sure I have seen one like that before any other pics???

curtis6592 said:
i dont know what it came out of we got it from a guy who had a junkyard back when i first got my car and i had no idea what it was at the time and i visited my parent for mothers day this weekend and my dad said there was one laying back there so i checked it out and i think from flange to flange it was 51 1/2 inches i think

Sounds like you got you a rearend... Now all you need is a Sure Grip.... oh and some 3.91's...

i dont have any other pics other than whats in my garage but i can get some in a week or so.How could i tell if this one is a sure grip or not would it be stamped on the ring also?

-
Back