Reasonable time to wait for a response ???

-

Bennoel 10

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Just looking for opinions on what would be considered reasonable time frame to hear back from a interested party.
I responded to a wanted ad recently and I gave a price and shipping quote. Was told that payment would be sent in a few days. I agreed and requested only a US postal money order would be accepted. After 3 to 4 weeks nothing. No correspondence. I reached out and asked if still interested and would list if not. I listed them at the this time anyway. Again he says he'll do it early next week. Of course another individual was interested and was quick to agree to the same conditions. Now number one responds that he has a bank money order which I specifically said US postal money order only. Don't wanna pay a $21 fee to cash. The second party told me basically the same thing, except he has been quick and punctual. So what does one do ? Work with one who forgets (his words) and didn't get the right money order, or go with the individual who seems to be more efficient ?? What does one do ??

I would move on from buyer #1 after a week or two and a few attempts to contact him. Clearly he isn't motivated to wrap up the sale and isn't paying attention to your selling criteria.

If I didn't receive correspondence from the 1st guy by "a few days" stating there was a delay, or the funds are on their way, I would have sent him a note saying that I was moving on.

"A few days" sounds like 3 to me. Contact him with a deadline and if no response or payment. Move on to the next guy. You are being more than fair. Sell to who ever you choose.

-
Back