Rebuild 318

-
Good deal for $20! I think a 318 with a 904 is a great combination. There are some great 318 recipes out there .To get some specific advice your gonna need to state what you want out of this motor.What sort of HP level,what sort of driving ?

$1100 is a tight budget and will require a lot of the work be done by you.Also you need to determine the condition of your $20 318,and see if it will turn over for one...

I'm doing for a semi stock rebuild, found rebuild kits from summit, here's what I'm looking at http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FEM-CSMHP808-311/ and for a cam http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CCA-K20-223-3/. so far I have taken it down to the block it does turn over, there's little to no ridging on all cylinders. I goto school for auto tech stuff so I can use the schools caustic tank, honing and boring machines and also the valve angle machine, so all the engine work will be done by me

DO NOT purchase the kit until the machine work for overbore, decking if need be, crank and rod work is done. Also note, Summit will replace the pistons in that kit with another set, like from KB or who ever for simply the difference in the price.

Once the block and crank work are done, then the kit is ordered, then the final step of balancing the whole assembly gets done. From there, it's a tube or two of gasket sealer. Maybe new bolts?

Nice combo overall for the 318 I would say.

yea I havn't ordered a thing, I figured I'de order it once all the balancing work is done and know exactly what to order. I also have a weiland dual hi-rise intake and a holly 650cc carb to put on her too. I need to get it done before winter since I use her as my daily driver and put 20,000 miles a year on it

well I tore off the heads today. much to my dismay it's been sitting for 20+ years with water in the head, it's all rusted out and into cylinder 3 which is heavily rusted. boring it .090 over seems a little extreme for it and having it as a daily driver. might have to pull the motor out of the car and rebuild now

.090 over to much? Well, if you feel better with more cylinder meat, OK. .090 isn't as bad as you think it is so long as it is OK after a sonic check.

Well crap. It's O.K though,318 blocks are often given away.

It's a shame that it's no good.

Anyone got a cheap 318 for this guy?

-
Back