Rebuilding a bench seat

-
Yeah its a plastic channel that the belts feed through on the bench to the floor mount point underneath the seat backs. I was cautious to not tug on it too hard before I knew if new ones were available etc. :)

Well, I got it apart and going back together so far so good but I am having difficulty stretching the vinyl over the drivers side rear ccorner properly and I dont want to rip the material.

is it normal to wrestle with the vinyl? I think I have to keep compressing the foam and pulling the vinyl untill it stretches over properly. I figure if it rips or the seam lets loose its a fail so Im trying not to get too forceful with it. Its the outside corner where the seat pivots etc so I have to stretch it over then carefully cut th epivot point and where the lact locks on out with a razor blade.

Probably helps if it's really warm. Try letting it sit in the sun for awhile.

They can be challenging. It helps to have another set of hands sometimes. You need to work stretch in from the opposite side, but if compressing and stretching doesn't get it there, something may be off.

Yeah I did stop and figured Id come back, sometimes I just need a break from it.
I've also heard the trick of using a garbage bag over the foam and suck some of the air out to shrink it with a vaccuum cleaner and tie/tape it shut until you get the cover over....might be hard to find a bag big enough for the lower cushion

I got it now after the seat backs...the front seat was more involved than the rear for sure...I had some broken springs etc.

-
Back