rebuilding front suspension, any advice or parts needed?

-

PanGasket

has cork sides
Reaction score
okay guys. I ordered this kit and its on the way to my house (minus tie rod ends at the moment due to back order)
http://www.p-s-t.com/s.nl/it.A/id.419/.f?sc=12

I also plan on getting new shocks, front brake lines, some cotter pins, and a steering coupler.

Now here's what I'm wondering about. should I buy new rotors? mine look perfectly fine and the brake pads and rotor seem to be wearing just fine. I'm really not looking to add more headache. I was thinking of maybe just save my cash and not even buy new pads and hold that off for another time and do my rear brakes at the same time since they seem to be pretty damn good anyhow. Also, any tips on doing the suspension and bleeding the front brakes? Would those ball joints fit into a one ton arm? I'm thinking of buying a set of the pocketed LCA to start my lowering process if I don't buy rotors.

Feel free to chime in with experiences, tips, tricks, or anything that may help. I have never done a suspension rebuild in my life. I would really like to do it right the first time out like I did my top end rebuild(thanks again RustyRatRod). The most I have ever done involving suspension was replace a set of rear shocks on an '01 Explorer.

How did the PST kit work for you? Which one did you get and what car? Thinking of purchasing the kit. I've got drum brakes on the front of my 70 Cuda so no help here. Thanks!

-
Back